Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Grampa's recipe for what to do with the leaves.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Logikal1, Aug 24, 2016.

1. As one of the older [est] persons here :rave-girl:, I'd like to chime in with what I learned from my farmer grandfather (!). He used pot for his & Grandma's arthritis -both to relieve pain & to 'forget my cares for a bit' & used the leaves to make his 'arthy oil', He couldn't grow pot indoors in the farmhouse & we lived near Lake Erie so outdoors wasn't possible. As neither he nor Grandma drove he had to do something for those long winter months.

[​IMG]He took all the leaves & put them through his grinder until they were very very small. [I use a food processor] He soaked several cups of ground-up leaves for 5-6 hours in either vodka or in denatured alcohol (way cheaper but he swore the flavor was better so he always used at least some vodka) to release 'the good stuff'. After that he filtered the leaves through Grandma's strainer lined with cheesecloth or muslin. He said it was important not to let the leaf stuff into the bowl beneath.

After that, out came Grandma's double boiler (a pot-in-a-pot where plain water goes in the bottom & the stuff to be cooked goes on top) He brought the water in the bottom to a boil, then put the liquid from the soaked ground leaves in the top & let it simmer. He said to make sure there was a lot of air in the kitchen because alcohol fumes could ignite (duh!). He'd let all the alcohol boil off then use a spatula (metal or plastic scraper) to clean out all the goo in the top of the double boiler into a small Mason jar to use during the winter. He'd do this til all the leaves were used up. He usually had enough goo from his 6 or so plants to last them til next fall.

Grandma'd bake him all sorts of goodies with his 'arthy oil' in them & they said it worked better than anything else they could get for pain or blues, plus they were always VERY happy. I've tried his process with my leaves & have gotten some pretty potent stuff. I use it in my special turtle brownies (1 - 1 1/2 tsps. goo makes 1 batch), in my butters & I've added it to some really old buds & gotten surprisingly good results. :apache:[I found some weed that'd fallen behind a big dresser that was at least 3 yrs old & it smoked fine after I mixed in that goo.] Nice thing is I waste but stems off those valuable plants.

Hope this answers a lot of you youngsters' questions on what to do with weed leaves :) :thankyou:

• Like Like x 3
  2. Definitely amongst our older members, but not the oldest.
    Welcome to the City and thanks for sharing.
    :smoke:

3. That is awesome; thanks for sharing the recipe! :love-mj2:

And for what it's worth, that's probably the best "new blade's first post" that I've ever seen...welcome to Grasscity!

:gc_rocks:

• Like Like x 1