Grafting

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Reo, Sep 3, 2015.

1. hey guys just had this idea. Can you graft mj plant to mj plants?

Like have a bushie indica plant with multiple sativa buds on it?

2. you can but from my understanding it generally doesn't work out vary well

3. Try it on a small clip

4. I've seen it done but grafting a cannabis plant in my opinion is more of a novelty and doesn't really serve much purpose.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Yeh, what Jay sez. But you got to have a donor plant or more, naturally, and a recipient plant, so if you got the multiple plants why not just grow multiple plants? I know, I know, bcuz it would be cool, or fun, or just WTF not?
    But thinking out loud, it might not be a bad way to keep a mini-mother of several strains. Hmmmmm...

NOWWWW see what you did? Another project to put off until I get around to it [​IMG]
    Quit that!

6. ^ multi strain mother.

This is just one of those thoughts i get every now an again. And just decided to "kick the cat"

But a safer or well.... a better way to go is just top it. And keep the plant in a veg state holding pattern?

Since light induces the transitions. You could grow an grow an grow until you got it huge then make it go into flower state?

7. Yea, you don't ever actually have to flower the plant. There are mothers out there that have been in veg for decades. Once you go so long practices like root trimming may come in to play but you can stay in veg as long as you want as long as you maintain the light cycle.