Grafting two plants together???

Discussion in 'Cannabis Breeding' started by ichargerb, Dec 8, 2011.

1. So i read about this technique called grafting where you can have a few different plants on one mother.... I was wondering does this cross breed the plant... like if i took a critical+ clone and grafted it to a church mother would the flower come out a cross of the two plants. Also if i took the clone from the new stem would it be a hybrid of the two, or is the only way to cross a plant by transfering pollen to a flower???

any help is appreciated i am so lost with this grafting thing and the goal of it haha...

2. I try it like two months with no success, I'm looking for someone with experience in the subject who can help the farmer above and myself !

Thanks !

3. if you take half of your mom and graft it to half of your dad ..does it create you ?

did you even read ANY stickies on breeding ?

Grafting has nothing to do with breeding cannabis .. please move this thread

4. I do grafting all the time now it does not mix the strains at all just lets you grow diff strains off 1 base. So I have 1 mom that lets me grow Super lemon haze, Vinnila Kush, Pineapple chunk, Headband and Sour D clones. It's super easy to do and you can check my threads for vids. I hope this helps you guys and I hope more pepole start to use graftting. And yes the only way so far to cross breed is to get 1 of your ladies pregnant.

5. I was rooting two plants in one little space on a cloner a while ago and the two cuttings ggrew together...it was the coolest looking thing to see the two stems grow and heal together it was pretty neat..i know you can also graft hops to mj but they cant figure out how to get anything to flow between em..thatll be pretty bad ass when they do..then well be able to graft food and use the fruit for medicine..

6. Me and my grow homies grafted some diesel to a white widow once after we read about the technique, it was pretty simple, after that experiement we moved on.....but damn Im glad I stumbled upon this friendly reminder, having 6 moms sitting around is starting to be a PITA... sounds like I need to get on it.

7. #7 samuellljackson, Dec 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2011
    excuse my writing in dislexic lol but il explain whats possible its simple realy. dna is what controls this you cant cut the skin from you and a friends finget stich them together and expect them to knit together they heal seperate as they notice there own cells and repel any unknow cells so it could be anyone your mother father brother or sister you dont have the same dna but partial match DNA even this is not good enugh if you have a twin or clone then they share the same genetic makeup and will heal together. so if you take 2 clones from the same "mother" the clones are just clones of plant A and not a paternal mother the 2 clones will have a good chance of healing without the amune system attacking it. however you cannot graft 2 plants with varying DNA such as a church and a cheese.
    i say you cannot well ....... you can but its more to do with a plants amune system realy. you need a genetic sciantist and a expert in holticulture to sit in on this. even now we dont know much about DNA mostly as the governament dont want us to as the more people you can save the less death there is and that is a big problem if people wont die or give up sex :)
    This is the problem with humans to as bodys reject someone elses organs and can cause lots of problems even with drugs. This is why we need stem cell reserch

8. Juat folow this vid and you should be grafting in no time I tell pepole if you can clone you can graft. If you like to smoke diff starins but dont want all the moms it's perfect for you. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Vy_NFZwkcs]HOW TO EASILY GRAFT A MARIJUANA PLANT TUTORIAL - STEP BY STEP - GREEN PLANET NUTRIENTS - YouTube[/ame]

9. you folks even read the OP?