Graft cannabis to a maple tree?

Discussion in 'General' started by GrowQs, Sep 15, 2019.

1. Crazy idea..

I saw these people growing plants up in the tops of trees in dirt hung up there in hammocks and climbing up with water..

what if you could just graft it to the top of the tree?
    Like a sugar maple tree..

They would grow like crazy up there in the sun and get nutes from a sugar maple? Grow maple syrup buds..

Cut your clones with a sharp angle at the end, whack a branch of the tree up high with a machete, and stick your clone in the slice?

2. I saw an infomercial awhile back for some “ cutters” that cut both parts like a puzzle piece and u could splice two different plants together. Looks cool

3. That would be some good smelling liferes

Sent from my KING_KONG_3 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Might work to be fair. Ive seen 20 different fruits growing on 1 tree. Some farmers actually use the root system of one plant to grow an entirely different plant too. Plum trees sounds familiar but cant remember what it was to be honest.
    Try it mate.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I could try a slice or even drilling a little hole and sticking a clone in there..

But I would need an abundance of clones..

6. The thing I saw they took two branches roughly the same size and put the ends together. If u stuck a clipping in a hole I don’t see the roots growing in it.

7. Or...

If you can't graft to a maple tree because of rejection, could you grow a cannabis plant directly in maple sap?
    [​IMG]

Imagine a plant root system in that bucket like hydro.. Maple sap hydro right on the side of the tree?