Gradual harvesting of a single plant?

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by Nopinion, Aug 25, 2020.

Tags:
  1. In the past I have generally harvested an entire plant at once, which means lots of processing in a short time. Now I am wondering if I can harvest branch by branch over a period of a few days without traumatizing the plant too much. I wouldn't want it to start dying and somehow spoil the remaining buds. Or will the plant ignore these amputations and happily devote its resources to what's left of itself?

2. Absolutely, as long as ya don’t have a rotating garden . It’s called a staggered harvest if I’m correct . Take the ripe buds , lower your light , and carry on. I have first hand never done it cause I lollipop my plants and wanna get the others in right away for the golden months of fall. Good luck and search staggered harvests ~ vape

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. On some of mine I will cut top half of plant for harvest and leave the bottom half to get more light for a week.

4. I stagger my harvest just about every year with no problems.

5. Thanks for the replies. I have started on one plant. (I neglected to mention that it's outdoors in a thicket.) It seems that the lower branches have more color in their blooms, so they go first.