Grades and marijuana

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by IPTAY, Nov 16, 2012.

1. Ok, so last year was my first year of college and I was smoking probably everyday. First semester sucked, but I ended up getting decent grades with the exception of one D. Second semester I would smoke before I studied and I would smoke before most of my tests. I managed to get 3 A's and 1 B.

Now this year I haven't smoked at all and yet my grades are worse than ever! I might be lucky to get 1 A, maybe 1 B, and the rest below that. From this experience I've come to the conclusion that marijuana does not make you lazy, what you do (or don't do for that matter) is what makes you lazy. Opinions?

2. it's the same for a lot of people; marijuana opens up your creative side completely and you remember certain things more easier. it all depends on the person. I haven't been to college yet, was thinking of going back; but I know when I smoked a lot in highschool I did horrible, weed or not. Maybe you study and take tests better high, who knows.

Good luck with it though man, hope your grades improve!

3. It all depends on a person, if an irresponisble person smokes then they will continue to be, if you're a responsible person and have you're priorities straight then marijuana won't inhibit any of your academics or your job or whatever it may be.

4. I've smoked everyday for the past 4 years (19 years old) and so far I've gotten an A in the 7 classes that I've taken so far. I honestly don't think that I would be able to get good grades if I didn't smoke because it helps me relax after doing my schoolwork and helps me look forward to something once I'm done. Don't get me wrong, I smoke while doing my work as well and it doesn't phase me negatively at all, if anything it helps me focus. Life is easier and I'm more relaxed when I'm high so I think that enables me to handle the daily grind better. The same probably applies to you..

5. yeah, whenever i stop smoking for like a month, my grades are complete shit. but once i start smoking again they go back up, i think it might be because it puts me in a better mood and i'm more willing to do my work and shit haha.

6. Mt best subjects were lunch, PE, and detention . . . passed all three with flying colours

7. Marijuana has nothing to do with your grades. It's all on you

8. It also depends if you smoke Sativa or Indica. Indicas are more likely to just sit there stoned outta their minds

9. It's also probably because as you go through later semesters it gets harder since you're taking higher level courses (first year vs second year, etc). Don't worry OP I smoke everyday and am doing just fine in school, just gotta kick that procrastination habit! :p

10. You can do it!

11. weed doesn't cause laziness. it depends on the individual. however, in your case there's a lot of variables that could be affecting your grades like some people stated above: the difficulty of the work, time management, your studying methods, etc.

12. I can't study for crap when I smoke, I just can't remember anything and I dont feel like studying. Dont get me wrong, it's not the weed, I just prefer chilling and enjoying it.

13. After i started blazing, i try alot harder in all of my subjects (sober) so i can feel good when i get blitzed and not have to worry about my grades

14. Don't worry it's grade inflation. Thank bush for no child left behind. College is a joke now. I graduated in 07 in construction mgt. I am now back to school for me CJ degree. It's 10x easier than before. Don't worry u have to be a total fuck up not to pass college. Google college grade inflation and it will ease your mind.

15. [quote name='"NorCali86"']Don't worry it's grade inflation. Thank bush for no child left behind. College is a joke now. I graduated in 07 in construction mgt. I am now back to school for me CJ degree. It's 10x easier than before. Don't worry u have to be a total fuck up not to pass college. Google college grade inflation and it will ease your mind.[/quote]

Shit I feel fucking retarded now.
    I'm failing precalc and chemistry

16. [quote name='"hiwhatsup"']

Shit I feel fucking retarded now.
    I'm failing precalc and chemistry[/quote]

Ok not all classes are easy. Those ones actually take some work. A majority of college classes.

17. I suggest the constant use of a magical capsule which will allow you to focus more ;)

18. Smoking weed does not affect your ability to do well in school, but it does give you the amazing power of not giving a fuck about school. That's what you have to watch out for.