Grade your draft (Fantasy Football)

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by WhoFalls, Sep 10, 2012.

1. I know there are 4 teams playing tomorrow and some of us still have a lot of players to go, but I know there are people who are feeling more or less confident than they were yesterday.

Try to keep this with one team. (Your primary team or best team)

I took some risks this year. Not only did I take risks, but I took them throughout the draft. My research had to come quick, because I did not agree to be in the pay league until I got to work that day. I than had 20 minutes before draft time when I finally got home that night. I usually like to do some research, consider schedules, depth chart and other news and information. Never do I consult fantasy insiders, because I believe I know quite a bit about football and those people preform no better than the average person. I did all my research while the draft was occurring. My league is on ESPN and it is a ten person, eight starter, and ten person bench. I drafted out of the 8th slot, so my choice of elite QBs did not appear to be an option.

Here is my team and how they preformed thus far:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My first pick was Matthew Stafford. He fell to me at 8. My initial plan was to not draft a QB in the first round and even consider waiting until the 3rd round. I got lucky that he was there. He was a top 4 QB in my opinion last year. He has the best WR in the league. He's one of the few QB in history to throw for 5,000 yards (I believe there are 4 Brees (x2), Marino, Brady and Stafford). I took a lot of players that are with new teams, rookies and/or question marks. I am so far most impressed with my draft of Jacob Tamme. I got him when people were taking kickers. I think he's a solid second TE and allowed me to draft other solid players in other positions. I knew he would slide, because he was not ranked high by the ESPN fantasy rankings. I know a lot of people pay a great deal of attention on those rankings. It also makes it so you have to be actively searching for players who are not ranked high, because they are far down the list. I thought Tamme would be good, because he was number one TE on the Broncos depth chart. Peyton love throwing to TE's, he made Dallas Clark a star. Tamme also worked with Peyton in Indy, in Peytons last season their he caught his career high 67 rec. He is the most familiar face to Peyton and has more time with him than anyone else. Stokley hadn't played with Peyton in quite a few years.

I feel better today about my team than I did yesterday. Stafford played poorly and I still got a W with two players to go. Stafford played his worst game of the season and Jay Cutler is a lot better than what people think. I got him as a back up a while after I set my consistent starters. I did have much time, but I think I made smart risks.
    My draft grade based on what I've seen in week one: B+