Grade B Maple syrup instead of molasses

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by lToker, Oct 13, 2010.

1. Has anyone tried using maple syrup to finish off the last week of flowering?

2. that sounds like a great idea!
    [​IMG]

j/king it's terrible :laughing:

3. Why is it terrible? I think that is a perfectly viable question.

4. I thought about using plastic wrap for a condom when I had sex with that transexual heroin addict from west africa. My idea was better.............

5. Some evidence would be nice. I can't see a reason as to why syrup would harm the plants. It still is flavored sugar...

6. I think that would be ok as maple syrup is more refined than molasses and just as much carbs. I even heard of people pouring sugar in the soil with good outcome.

7. Thanks for those with constructive feed back.

I'll go ahead and use 1/2-1 TBP Grade B maple syrup per gallon the next time i water.

As for other people ... go smoke or something you're not helpful here.:p

8. To OP,
    According to the posts on rollitup, only true maple syrup would work, and even then, it isn't the same as molasses. Since molasses is so cheap and unrefined, I would probably opt for molasses anyways.

9. I've heard of someone watering their plants with tropical flavoured cordial for the last few weeks...Could this be a better idea - he claims it flavours the weed as well.

10. Most of the articles I have read about flavorings, states that the flavor does not come from the nutrient solution, because roots cant suck up "flavor." Think about how bad the buds would taste if they did...

11. True true, I have been thinking about that.

I am very reluctant to use molasses because I hear it can make the buds taste kind of like molasses...Screw that!

Would the best idea be to water with cane sugar (to increase tri size.), then cure it with dried (e.g.) mango...

I would think curing it with wet fruit rinds would possibly allow for mould?? hence why I said dried. But I'm not sure if dried fruit would mean it wouldnt infuse into the buds as much...

Hmmm! ponder ponder

12. To wet and mold can happen yeah.
    At the same time to dry and i don't think you'd get the smell.
    I don't think molasses cold flavor the plant seeing as plants really just use the sugars like anything else? I mean... it should theoretically just help break down nutrients for the plant to munch up?
    I don't know, i picked up some grandmas unsulphered last night and ima try it on the end of my crop this time around :)
    Btw, it was a third of the price of natural maple syrup for sure.
    Molasses -2$ ... MS - almost 7$