Gr0wer's log

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by gr0wer, Apr 17, 2004.

1. i made him take pics agin today and ther all looking nice, thers 7 plants. 3 bagseed, 2 ww, and 2 turtle power plants. We repoted today with enhanced promix, i used compoted manure and lots of bone meal.

2. nope they ned too frequent watering. im going in the ground with a brick of coco coir per plant, a blend of bat guanos, and some greensand. Ill be planing 8" trained clones with 3-5 main growth tips, so they will still fint in the solo cups for transportation but they will be large plants inside. Im going to get spin out, a product that kill soff toors that hit the pot walls so they branch off for the solo cups. Here's a link for it http://www.nurserysupplies.com/soinfo.php I wont be planyting till late i the season around july so theyll only yield 2-4 oz between 3-5 main colas.

3. you guys will shityourself when you see this system and hte planst we have. weve been takeing pics since week 2 so we do ahev soem nice pics but i havent had the time to get the pics online from his house since his comp sucks, it dood but has been neglected badly.

Whats going on:

2 of the plants got a messed up stem, one just got a bad twist but one i was training and all the bend was between one node so it wasnt distributed much.

We've been using rubbermands for training the small plants but as they get bigger the stems get fatter and more breakable. Were now using string, i got my meahtds down though

1. Poke a hole in the rim with a knife and run the string through the top.

2. Pull it through abotu a foot and tie a loose single ovehand knot.

3.Then go up and tie a slipknot (amazing drums) put it aorund the branch and use the single knot at the bottom to adjust it so the slipknot's only about 1" from the branch and tie it off.

4.Cut off the string about 4" below the single knot so you have extra string as you move your training holding spot outwords.

So far we have one fem turtle power plant (TP II)thanks to some small but definite female preflowers, the sativas havenet matured yet.
    I took 5 clones and put into a chepo areocloner. One of them being a fem TPII. im shooting for 4 fems, but would be real happy with 3 as long as the ww is fem then weed have moms for 1 ww 1 tp and 1 bagseed. We have 7 plants total+5 clones .

Ive been running on empty since i didnt have a day off, no joke i need a wed or thurs off from school because of all my projects keeping be busy :D I need to get to the point where everytings on cruise control where ill just sit back and watch it grow. Once my friends hydro setup is done that will lift allot of things off my shit to do list and i can move onto bigger and better plans :D also once all teh srooms are fruiting and im just going flush after flush that will be nice :D. so far i have about 7 casings about 8 quarts wbs between them and 2 medium sized 10"x8" manure/straw casings.

4. get them pictures up buddy :)

5. patience. I'll see if i can get them up tonight aorund 7, he'll be coming by to drop off some jars i preped yesterday, so il tell him to bring is digi cam so i can upload the pics.

6. Sounding cool, and by the way.... how did you figure out that I play drums for slipknot?

7. LOL... yea :D

8. Sounding great. That poster is phat, I am gonna have to get me one, can you order them off the internet? I doubt I will find anything that great in any stores near me :/.

Can't wait for the pics, and goodluck.

9. What about the pics? Im dieing to see them

10. Ill go take some today, my friend burnt 3 of the plants so we only have 4 now. Ill be taking clones today for the system and a few extras. I'll also be making a temporary soil E&F table sice my friends away and i cant stop by and water every day.

I ordered Ak48, Jock Herer, Papaya, Hawaii Maui Waui, and Afghan from http://www.cannabis-seeds.co.uk, cant wait til i get them started. I think im starting with papaya and afghan or ak48 then grow the rest over winter saving the favorite pheno's of each strain in the mom veg setup and do some crossing and breeding too.

11. Sounds like a plan :) Id go with the Papaya and Ak-48 nice selection too cant wait to see those plants.

12. I couldnt find the small rio pump so i didnt make the e&F table. Halfway home i realized i could have just overkilled it with the rio 1800 we have in the areo system., ill be going back tomorrow to water and make the E&F. I took 8 clones 4tp and 4 baagseed (dark one).
    He gave the bagseed my bat guano kelp mix and not the others so ones nice and green and the rest are rootbound and showing N deffeciency. The temps are real high at 95-100, i need to hook up a better fan.

Attached Files:

13. the guanoed and kelped up bagseed in the back and turtle power in the front.

Attached Files:

14. I havent been ahle to work on the setup since he started working fulltime. We have a big roll of 4' mylar i dont know why he did such a half assed mylar setup. Ill touch it up over then nest week now that im going there every night to work on it alone.

The growrocks are just on top of the pro mix organic supersoil as a mulch

Heres a pick of some creeper on straw compost and manure i grew, the tote at his house is the same substrate but thicker and 3x larger. I didnt bother to take a pic of the bin becauese it just looked like leveled coir in a bin. I cut a hole for a CFL to be in the lid but whiole i was screwing hte bulb into the hole i cut i shattered the daylight bulb in my hand cuz its swirly. I have a 13w cfls so i'll just thow it up there after making the hole a bit bigger.

Attached Files:

15. The creeper bucket was made as flollows

one quart jar of WBS prepared as in the WBS tek in shroomery.org using a half hour simmer to precook.

Jar was allowed to colonize shaking when needed.

A medium pile of straw and 25% manure was composted for one month covered in plastic being watared and turned every 4-7 days.

2 baking trays were filled with the compost and covered with foil and into the oven at 170 deg for 5 hours. This was allowed to cool overnight.

I dumped in the trays into a clean 5 gal bucket and broke up and dumped the spawn with a clean spoon. This was mixed with clean hands and made sure to have even spawn mixture. this was laveled and covered with foil and allowed to colonize for about a week.

then it was cased with coir steralized in my microawave, 5min high wait 20 min and another 5 min then cool and spread ~1/2" thick.

it was fruited about a week later and seran wrap removed and put onto the top of the bucket.

It was in a room where the room light would get to the bucket so no extra light was needed. it was fanned 1-3 times a day and gently misted once a day.

When the shrooms got big i rehydrated teh casing a bit by spraying past the shrooms onto the casing and total wet yeild was 900g

16. That picture... is amazing. I want shrooms so bad now.

17. thats a real nice flush grO, daym man, youre in shroom nirvana :D if i got my ass in gear, i woulda had some for the DMB concert. we also have a Marley fest going in first week of aug, missed that time frame also, oh well, my lost, but daym nice flush! hows the creeper? ive never tried.

18. wouldnt know, my dad raided that flush, ive been munching on some malabar, ly and, brazilian from outdoor plots, i have ~8 currently 3 already fruited and 2 are currently fruiting.I'll be making a batch of jars soon. I'll go with brazilian agian because there fast colonizers.

19. I started the good genetics 2 days ago. I germed 8 bubblelicious and paypaya and 6 maui wowie's paper towel meathod placing it on top of the 400w reflector. Today i planted 1 maui wowie, 3 papaya, 6 bubblelicious there were 2 more paypayas that cracked and i think another bubble, MW seems to be shitty seeds. Today I decided to dump em all in and started the rest of the seeds so i have 10 of each Afghaan, AK-48, bubble, payapya, and jock herrer but Maui i only have 8 since they skimped me. All the seeds are nirvana $15 packs.

I mixed up a custom soil mix that i feel should be good for staring seeds. They are started in 4" square quart pots. Soil mix is (parts measured with quart pots) 11 parts coir (one brick), 6 parts pro mix, 4 parts pearlite, 2 parts verm, 1 tablespoon lime, and 2 tablespoons of 50/50 aged 15-15-0 guano + kelp meal.

The seeds were given 2 days in the paper towel the ones that were cracked last night with nubs had nice 1/2" taproots ready to be transplanted. I filled all the pots and botom watared in a cooler. I planted them so the top of the seed was visible from the top and misted. Then i layed 1/4" of vermiculite on top and sprayed them down well again. The layer of verm helps give the seed a soft layer to push throught and i should have 10 sprouts tomorrow. And a good 40 by friday :D