Government.

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by spoofy(=, Jan 17, 2010.

1. I absolutely love this topic... I like it even more when im in this really social, yet cant leave my chair state.
    Here I go :D

I'll warn you now, I like to ramble about the government. I myself beleieve the government is just against it, keeping it illigal, and impossible to sell to people with non medical use, all because of money. If he used a little money towards the growth of marijuana, after building greenhouses/ buy property from farmers for fields, and people to work with it, that would COST money. What about the people that smoke it illigally currently? How do they get it? People grow it. This means people who grow it would have a lower price then the government sets. How many people do you know that would rather buy more, possibly more potent marijuana, for the same price or cheaper? Government has a loss of money. After all said and done, we may be able to use a little of everyone's input on this government thread, to help legalize marijuana ! (I'm wishing anyways. lol)

2. Dude, what are you talking about?

Yes, growing cannabis costs money... but selling cannabis makes more money. You don't think drug dealers are running a charity, do you?

Why would the black market have a lower price than the government? There's no reason why the government couldn't have the same price as street value, at the very least. And if they wanted to, I'm sure they could even undercut the black market value thus eliminating their competitors, assuming they even need to. Black markets dwindle when prohibitions are lifted.

Furthermore, it's a reasonable assumption that the government could easily undercut black market prices. Black market prices are going to naturally be higher than legal market value do to the nature of the black market--risk, smuggling, scarcity, middle men, etc.

3. Yeah dude Op i was like say whaaaaaaaaaat:confused:

4. Once marajuna is legalize it will be grown on massive farms out in the midwest and such for dirt cheap prices and by the thousands of tons.

5. im just sayin, like if the government did legalize it, and i was wanting money, id sell it to locals cheaper, cuz otherwise i wouldnt make any money off of it, and also if you seen a field full, what would half of you do? lol

6. Hmm this makes me think. What we should be fighting for FIRST is making marijuana LEGAL, but making the sale of marijuana by unlicensed suppliers illegal. This promises the state/federal government the money that they want, and also makes them not worry about the guy down the street who is competing with their money-making.

This isn't EXACTLY what we want, but making the government feel better about having no competition is a start for full-blown-grow-your-own-sell-your-own-weed legalization.

Someone reply to my thinking.

7. yup.this

8. Let me enlighten you if you will.

The governement as you see it is one single ggov" for one nation. What you don't see is the gov't in the gov't. The true world leader(s). They decide what goes on the world EVERYWHERE. The war in the middle-east is still going on to deplete americas' resources, thus forcing The US to unite currency with Canada and Mexico and have free trade borders basically Europe. Now we have to world currencies whats stopping them from uniting? A united currency leads to a united world which leads to world domination. When man cannot rule a world for power corrupts, but ho this is only one of the scary future events we must face. Behold

This so called Shadow Governement plans on enacting depopulation. They see the world as overpopulated and want to cut the population 80%. This is where your MJ question comes to answer. Marijuana Doesn't kill, why make legal what can't kill? As a matter of fact whatnegative effects does weed cause, little to none. They have nothing to gain from making marijuana legal.

This whole thing isa fraction, there is something much deeper than this, but alas to loang would it take to write...

9. why would the government set the prices? why would the government grow it? it would likely end up being grow ops going legit, companies in the alcohol and tobacco industry that would grow.
    i think OP is stoned off their ass.

10. You would spend more growing than the profit you would make off selling, so no you wouldn't make money.

11. Do you even know how to grow quality chronic? It's not just like you can put a potted plant next to a window... And if you saw a field full of chronic, chances are the buds haven't reached maturity yet, and thus aren't ready to be harvested and cured. I'd take a picture with my cell phone, bask a bit, and go on about my business.

When I was talking about government, I wasn't being specific, but what I technically meant was 'government licensed' growers/distributors.

12. #12 spoofy(=, Jan 19, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2010
    well if you want, i can take a pic of my crop currently, but i have to find my adapter for my phone "/ and you guys are making it sound as if the government DID legalize it, that it would be ALOT cheaper then smokes(tobbaco). The reality of it, the price of tobbaco goes up, groceries is goin up, and they even upped the price in tim hortons :p but seriously, for the price it actually takes to grow it yourself isnt that high either, for me example, indoor, dont have problems with any insects/bugs, or animals to bother with it, tempature doesnt change rapidly like outdoors etc. But back onto topic, fully agree with the population reduction. and farmers and such have plenty more then one field. That being said, you think they can harvest ALL there fields in one day? Impossible if you ask me. Meaning there will always be that night or more that the bud is mature enough to take. unless they make another "Area 51" but for a growing facility -.- . For those who dont know what Area 51 is, it's a highly guarded area that has a bunch of scientists and hidden artifacts and stuff, if people trespass into the area, they're shot on sight.

EDIT: also said that area 51 is a place with hidden artifacts that the GOVERNMENT doesn't want the public knowing.

13. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1kq0eL-ly8]YouTube - Tenacious D - The government[/ame]