government shutdown ?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Matthewtrippy, Oct 1, 2013.

1. So what's this about a government shutdown ? I know most of what's going on but how does this affect "We the people" ?

2. It really doesn't affect us unless you have a government job. You won't get paid. It'll affect the economy a bit. That's about it.

Sent from the future

3. The economy suffers, we all suffer.. lt'll have a trickle affect.

In better news all our national parks are vacant, so go camping! Lol.

4. it means we all need to smoke a little more until this is over.

5. There are a few ways a person could use this to a criminal advantage, but the average person probably wouldn't even notice something happened if they werent told

6. Why don't private messages work

7. vacation for rich folk 

8. Soap opera for the politicians and their massive egoes

9. Not at all really. The media is portraying it as if its the end of the freakin world.. 

[​IMG]

10. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1380668440.973729.jpg

Sent from the future

11. They closed the god damn Commisary. Like really, how am I gonna get my fresh vegetables now?

12. Well, here is the hard truth.  800,000 gov workers get furlough notices (temp lay off notices), which means 800,000 people out of the economy. So the little food trucks outside shipyards and gov buildings are fucked too because there are no workers to spend.  Early start programs closed their doors today, as well as many gov funded programs. After this Friday no more unemployment benefits will be handed out, as there are no workers to process the claims. Gov contractors are safe until their contracts are up. that is if a CR (continuing resolution) is not passed.  Short term there will be little to no effect.

Long term.
    If it does go more than a week or so expect the market to drop, the longer it takes the more stocks will plummet. Which will further degrade America's credit rating (remember we took a hit to that already) which will make getting a loan harder to get, followed by this will be the second housing market crash as people will not be able to pay their mortgage, this will hit our credit rating again which will make it harder for our gov to borrow money. This will devalue our currency even more than it is already. The gov will scramble for cash and raise taxes. People will not be able to pay so sellers will raise prices to cover the difference causing massive inflation and further driving the value of our currency down. The final step would be full on economic collapse which would bring on martial law and genuine lawlessness across America.  This is actually a bigger deal than the media is playing up.

but

aside from the rest of the world thinking we are a joke none of this will ever play out.  They will stop the shut down in a couple weeks and pass a CR, because if they did not control of the people would slowly slip away from the government. They don't really want that.  This is really a political power play by republicans affiliated with the tea party, and stubborn democrats affiliated with the Obama administration. Sadly I know all to well about this, yes short term some people will suffer but this is not a concern of the politicians that are in play right now.  They are not taking a hit in the pocket book so they are trying to use this as a scare tactic to convince democrats that they do actually have power still. 

My prediction the shut down will last three weeks tops (really I think it will be no more than mid next week), and then they will pass a continuing resolution til December 2013. They will not pass an actual budget until there is either a republican in the white house, or a republican controlled house of reps again.  This is all a show, power plays if you will.  Politicians actually have more to lose than we do right now. Losing power is way more of a loss than losing money (that has no real value anymore anyway) or land that you don't really own the gov still owns it even if you pay for it out right you still have  to pay yearly taxes on the land they essentially lease to you.

What should happen, people (you and I) should wisen up and clean house next election cycle.  Take note of every one involved and spread the word to not vote for them and vote for people who actually care about the well being of the citizens of this nation, until they become corrupt and the cycle continues.

13. nothing will happen.

14. I think its safe to say the two party system is severely flawed.

Because the government is shut down! Didn't you hear?! 

16. Oh well that explains what the government does

17. There were two government shutdowns during the Clinton administration.  The country survived somehow.......

18. These fuckers had money to attack Syria a couple weeks ago but don't have money for the mail and park services WTF

There is nothing a president can't fix with illicit blowjobs. 

20. its not that its a govt shutdown, its the switch to Illuminati power. this power is cleaner for the environment and you should notice a decrease in you home electricity's kilowatt per hour rate.