Government shutdown 6 hrs left

Discussion in 'General' started by galaxybillionaire, Sep 30, 2013.

1. It's difficult to compromise with extremists that are conventional and set in their ways, if they aren't able to see the flaws of this predicament then failure to correspond with each other will continue to happen. Aren't there any advisors to elicit a response from either party and give them a turn in perspective? 

Eventually it will happen but it'll take a while for them to come to their senses. 

Why don't you be an example to the rest of us? Everyone says this but they're too lazy to get off their asses and do something about it.

3. I do. I'm very active in protests, civil disobedience, gathering ect.

But honestly it's disheartening when you go to a protest about an important issue like NSA spying and you see only a handful of people. But if it was to meet justin bieber or something, there would be millions. People don't have their priorities straight.

it would be chaos

5. fuck america n yur fuccking government I'm so happy I live in canada

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Stop thinking you are making a difference by holding up a sign and blocking traffic. If you really care, go burn down a building or something. Watch protests from pretty much every other country that's recently had their problems with their leaders. Did they do what americans do for protests? Nope, and look at what they've accomplished. 

7. I agree with Serenity. Not much can be changed with the lack of violence in cases like this.

8. ^Saying it is one thing, committing to it is another, leading it is a third.

9. Well I guess I didn't get furloughd today. I work at a call center asking for donations on behalf of republicans and we didn't get hit..

10. Anyone who does that is just going to be labeled a "terrorist" and get arrested without trial.

Unless like 500,000 people tried to do this, it wouldn't do anything.