Government shutdown 6 hrs left

Discussion in 'General' started by galaxybillionaire, Sep 30, 2013.

1. Was nobody here alive for the last shutdown? Everyone talking like its the end of the world.

2. They do take away the paychecks, just not from the fuckhead politicians who aren't doing anything. My dad works for the government, for the D.O.L. Head of his office and whatnot. Not a bigwig or anything, just a blue collar guy who busts his ass at his job. Once the government shuts down he is expected to still work his 40+ hour weeks without pay until the cocksucking politicians decide to stop fingering each other's assholes.

I don't see how it makes any sense that the useless "leaders" get to decide they can't agree on anything so they just aren't going to do anything, but still get paid. But that's America.

More or less, I just want people to know that the government shutdown, while it doesn't directly impact most, hardworking people with low level government jobs are going to be working without pay until our faggot administration decides to do their job.

The CNN link says house and senate will still get paid. I think they're the ones who should be cut off.

4. So reading the CNN report I understood it like this...

Government is throwing a hissyfit because of health care issues and have decided to go on strike, but are still going to recieve their 6 figure incomes. Mean while the average person who doesn't make ridiculous amounts of cash and has to survive off there paycheck (not just dip into the US treasury when they want something) is put in a bind until the government gets what they want.

God bless America, I'm moving to ireland.

5. Yeah during the Clinton era there was actually 2 or 3 shutdowns if I recall correctly... And that was as recent as 1995

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. I'm pretty sure they would make a decision A LOT faster if they were the ones not getting paid. Why random government employees lose their pay and the ineffective politicians don't makes no sense at all.

7. #47 Kuollut, Oct 1, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2013
    Couldn't have been too bad, that was during Clinton's presidency, and Clinton was a G.  Our economy was ballin when he was the President

8. ive been thinking this from the moment i understood the situation & it still makes no sense, work without pay...

9. Well it's been six hours, what happened?

10. It kinda looks like a dog dribbling a basketball through his/her legs, haha.

lol, it def does now that i look at it.

12. #52 galaxybillionaire, Oct 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2013

UPDATE... They shut down, can cost the economy a billion dollars a week, monuments are shut down (statue of liberty etc...) and 800,000+ without pay... title reads America shuts down.

Just curious how the rest of the world views this...

13. #53 Serenity, Oct 1, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2013
    So it's shutting down in one minute? Cause CNN makes it seem like the decision has been made. 

They keep changing the countdown, guess that's that then. 

14. I'm not even stoned and didnt realize the numbers were going up, not down  :laughing:

15. welp...what now america?

16. It's a demonstration to show how dependent the American people are on its government. I don't have stockholm syndrome quite yet, so hopefully it never restarts.

17. #57 galaxybillionaire, Oct 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2013

yeah i just noticed that lol..

immature that a decision couldnt have been made, strangely makes me remember the movie ali g inda house...the weed tea scene. 

18. The Purge is real

We elect me as King. And I start a campaign to take over the world, and obtain the largest empire ever. Lazy the Great.

20. Wait I heard police officers aren't getting paid either?