Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Government Reasoning.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Blunt Visions, Aug 21, 2010.

1. #1 Blunt Visions, Aug 21, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2010
    Title says it all. But now onto my topic.

Let's say Cannibus was the cure for cancer (I know damn well it isn't, just follow me here), what would the Gov't do? Would they finally legalize it or would have the THC synthesized in a pill (i'm pretty sure it's been done) and sell for a shitload?

So what I have heard and learned is that Cannibus can cure some forms of cancer, but the Gov't won't allow you to use it. Also, Cannibus has been synthesised into a pill that pharmacudicals *I can't spell for shit* sells for a quick buck, and the pill doesn't work as well as it's natural form...........

Yep, I changed my title.

2. Don't take me as absolute truth...buuttt I'm pretty sure that if you try to synthesise the chemical compound for THC it doesn't work. I think it's mentioned in "The Union". Hence why medical weed is always smoked or vaped.

However, yeah I think they would legalise it and make a shitload of money. I think.

3. I hate hypothetical situations like this, but they'd probably not tell anyone and keep acting like it gives you cancer.

4. you're right. it has been done. its called marinol. it happens to be very expensive and not nearly as effective as smoked or vaped cannabis. its complete hypocrisy on the government's part that they support this shitty pharmaceutical but not ganja

5. i dont think they could keep that shit on the dl. Its just to good somebody would leak it out, but you can turn it in to pill form and it will work

6. Marinol doesn't have the many other cannabinoids that the actual cannabis plant does. It is just synthetic THC. Herb has been shown to cure some forms of cancer, but it won't be legalized because of that. Because big pharma can't make a profit off of a plant.

7. All will be answered in this video.And your Welcome :p

Cannabis Cures Cancer - "Run From The Cure" The Rick Simpson Story

8. i know right?pretty fucked up shit

9. Us up here in NS, found the cure for cancer...fuck yes. Though the only way I could know for sure is if I get cancer. But if I get it I know my first stop will not be chemo.

10. In the UK it hasn't been decriminalized so they created a synthetic spray thats meant to have the same healing effects of weed, but you can't get high :(.... its funny, cos the government has to grow a shitload of plants to do it, hypocrites :mad:

11. #13 puppybutt, Aug 21, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2010
    The most important thing to understand about Western Medicine is that it is ruled by the FDA, and it revolves around pharmaceuticals.

Now, I'm not wonderfully educated on the subject, but my understanding is that the FDA governs the pharmaceutical companies that produce our OTC and prescription medications... The FDA in this context is more or less a series of patents and regulations that outline what can and cannot be patented, and drugs are approved and disapproved in this manner.

One of the bigger (yet less talked-about) reasons why they're in no rush to legalize Medicinal Marijuana nationwide is due to the fact that the FDA prohibits/disallows the patenting of most naturally occurring substances - i.e. anything that isn't manufactured in a lab - for the "diagnosis, treatment, cure or prevention of any disease or illness," hence the existence of Natural Health stores and the supplements that they sell, because the pharmaceutical companies can't make money off of them. And they're required to have the FDA's disclaimer printed right on the packaging.

The only way for these pharmaceutical companies to market off the sale of marijuana would be to incorporate it as a component (or ingredient) in a much larger slurry of chemicals and fillers, not unlike being "synthesized into a pill" like the OP suggested. Which... Just isn't going to be lucrative to the company or attractive to consumers who have already figured out that marijuana in its purest form is more powerful - and safer! - than a marijuana pill could ever be!

12. fuck hypothetical questions they're bullshit

13. a doctor was jailed for curing cancer its illegal to cure cancer with out kemo

14. wait...wut?

15. If this hypothetical situation were true, I think that there would either be some propaganda put out saying that it cures one cancer but causes five more or it would be swept under the rug.

16. just imagine if a us poll went out

"would u buy the cure for cancer even if it was illegal?" then they reveal its pot lol

i wonder what would happen

17. Make it happen then, get the attention of the media and go to each state and poll the hell out of them.

18. Thats a bunch of bullshit. The government cant control what a private doctor does. If he was testing it on someone though...