Government and Police action

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Joedahoe, Dec 25, 2012.

1. Don't forget that 8700 lumens is at the surface of the bulb though. I saw someone posting a chart about the lumen loss on hps vs cfl's but I can't seem to find it.

2. If you are a personal grower, then you have nothing to worry about in terms of the law actively looking for you. What you need to do to stay safe is make sure you control the odor, and you tell nobody. If you keep it to yourself and don't let the smell escape you will be fine.

I was worried about the same thing when I first started growing, but then I learned about the technology they use to look for heat signatures, and you have nothing to worry about on a small scale. They don't look through your walls. The only thing they can do is check to see if you are exhausting hot air out of the house, which is more common in larger grows. A small grower usually doesn't need to exhaust outside the house, usually just another room.

I would be way more worried about odor control than anything. I get a bit paranoid during harvests because the odor is really powerful, especially when trimming.

3. [quote name='"morange"']If you are a personal grower, then you have nothing to worry about in terms of the law actively looking for you. What you need to do to stay safe is make sure you control the odor, and you tell nobody. If you keep it to yourself and don't let the smell escape you will be fine.

I was worried about the same thing when I first started growing, but then I learned about the technology they use to look for heat signatures, and you have nothing to worry about on a small scale. They don't look through your walls. The only thing they can do is check to see if you are exhausting hot air out of the house, which is more common in larger grows. A small grower usually doesn't need to exhaust outside the house, usually just another room.

I would be way more worried about odor control than anything. I get a bit paranoid during harvests because the odor is really powerful, especially when trimming.[/quote]

True. Im gonna use a ona bucket with a reversed fan for odor control, i saw it a while ago and it seems good.

Im just paranoid the governemnt is tapping into my emails calls an facetime chat...

But that might just be the weed...

4. You need more happy thoughts when you puff the magic dragon my friend. Yea like he said, odor is you one thing. spoofs, activated carbon filters and air purifiers will all help you.

Also if you ever need to exhaust heat from your house, do it underneath a window A/C unit. That is where your A/C exhausts the heat it draws out of the space its in. So if you exhaust your larger grow heat there, your heat sig looks completely normal.

Sorry I pack n smoke a bowl then pick a thread to post a paragraph on.

:smoking::smoking::smoking:

5. thanks man :D

i see alot of carbon filters on here and they all usually require to cut holes in the grow room.

are you telling me i could just exhaust the smell right in front of my window and eventually the "vented heat" would just rise and naturally exit my window prompting no suspicion on my part?

6. Do not worry about your heat output. as long as you aint using 10x 1000w lights you are not in troble. now FLIR cameras pick up diffrences in heat. so if you vent your room outside it might be picked up as in you have a ducting connected to your light spewing outside. it looks like a "fountain" of heat from one of those cameras. now if you manage to dispurse the heat there is nothing to worry about

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sudf5xDIhmM]NeverGetBusted FLIR Technology How To Grow Indoors Without Getting Busted - YouTube[/ame]

7. He is right, you dont need to worry about exhausting heat its not an issue. The point of the cookie sheet is to blind the thermals from your actual bulb, Thats the hottest point.

So if you mask the top of your grow, right above the bulbs, with a cookie sheet filled with ice, the feds wont go "Hey, whys that guy have 12 lightbulbs in one spot?" it will just look like a slightly warmer side of the house. use enough sheets to cover all bulbs from a satellite view.

8. I have a rack for stuff above the grow in my closet can i put the sheet there with bowls of ice?

9. I would just use metal trays they retain temps better.

10. So 3 or 4 metal trays with ice on em?

11. sounds good too me, load up on ice making trays haha.

12. Got the automatic icemaker ;)

13. Seriously, you don't need to worry about growing with 10cfl's... what are you pulling 260w?? I grow with a 600w HPS, 2- 240w LED's and 1- 400w MH... the 600 and 240's are on a 12/12, and the 400w is 24/7 for veg.... I don't worry, have been doing it for years now... You wouldn't be able to take a heat signature of my house and see anything different weather I had them on or not. They use to use that to find people doing that in warehouses, barns, ect... that shouldn't have that kind of heat signature.. not really useful in residential houses... your house is set to a certain temp, your attic will stay within a certain temp, ect... quit freakin out, and focus more on your grown :)

14. What you forget is that 12 cfl's in one spot is easily detectable and obvious of its use. not the heat, the 12 bulbs in one spot is what fucks you.

15. Scared
    Not scared
    Scared.

:confused_2:

16. haha well dont be, you are not a target, and mor than likely your local branches aof federal government are too busy for all that. Bored branches of DEA near bulk of suburban areas do stuff like that like in L.A for example. So its nothing to really worry about your homes not a target. But my tip is additional information, if putting ice in a tray makes you feel better about it do it. id rather be 100% than assume, cause it makes an 'ass' out of 'u' and 'me.

But seriously dont worry about it, especially in a small rural town like area, or places far from big cities. If you are in a bigger city that is ok too. your residential so again they are not gonna bust your door in over CFLs. But if you have a criminal record in the area and law enforcement know you by name and your address, then id start transportin ice in from alaska. You get my point.

17. He could be growing a perfectly legal tomato plant or flower garden. I'm certain I've never heard of anyone getting busted for a few plants in their closet (unless they did something REALLY stupid). Just be careful, you'll be fine. Like another poster said, unless you give someone a reason to mess with you, nobody is going to care about a few plants.

18. Jesus christ. they cant see throgh walls. they can detect heat diffrences in the EXTERIOR of the house. and they aint gonna notice his garden unless he exausts all the heat in the same place without dispursing it. solution is to use a loop, aka filter, lights , fan to suck out of your chamber and into the room and then use the room as a heat coushin turn off the oven in there and just have a window open. meaning you aint pumping out a warm plume of air. Regarding the ice box idea maybe a tin foil hat with a few ice cubes can calm down the crazy ideas. if you have alot of warmth then take the air you need to feed your system from the outside. they cant detect you sucking the air in. the ice idea is unrelyable at best.

19. #39 aj69420g, Jan 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2013

This is almost amusing. They can detect the heat off your body and see you moving in your home buddy. If you dont know much about thermal optics I wouldn't suggest posting about what you lack solid data on.

They can in-fact, as a local DEA branch recieve X amount of city and county complaints about drug cultivation. Using that to make a case to the treasury department for jet fuel. once thats done, they can take high res thermal images of you taking a shit.

I've lived through this, I know how federal departments operate. Most states even have a federally funded investigation departments. Most target specific issues based on the area. For instance, TBI, Tennessee Bureau of Investigation, has it's own "Green Team" that specializes in eradicating marijuana cultivation. They also have an things like bomb squads & swat teams.

They all assist and work hand in hand with other federal agencies. States that are common wealth states usually dont have these agencies.

With the lumen output on the bulbs, 8000 lumens will be much hotter than anything else. Red flagging the automated software used when images are taken. This software will search through the images and show locations with color temperature higher than normal. The ice in the tray may not be the perfect solution. But it will knock the color temperature signature on the thermal imaging software enough for it not to set off any red flags. Thus flying below their automated radar.

Seriously read before you tell me im wrong.

20. #40 gunnarig, Jan 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2013
    show me a video of a person inside a house detected by cameras throgh walls.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cihfP6m9kWg[/ame]