Government and Police action

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Joedahoe, Dec 25, 2012.

1. What temps should i avoid in my closet as to not be noticed by a temp drone?

And cfls dont really run up your light bill right?

Im running 24/0

With 6 cfl bulbs that give off 900 lumens each.

And also the shitty walmart grow lights
    With a total of 3300 lumens giving me

8700 lumens.

In a 2x2 closet :D i added a white box to cut my previous 4x2 doubles my light right?

2. You don't have to worry about heat signature with CFL's :)
    Even if you had 1000w HPS, you'd still be fine. They have bigger fish to fry. Like large scale Ops with 1000's and 1000's of watts and hundreds of plants.

3. From my understanding on it...and please correct me if im wrong. Unless they have..or should have a warrant of some kind (they would have already been watching you) lol they cant use instrusive things inside. Theres a helicopter for sheriff here that i hear fly around the neighborhoods with IR cameras, walked outside and watched them circle for 15+ mins on my neighborhood but they look inside your house? Heard they can only look at your roof heat, stuff like that.

Besides. Who knows you may just have a reptile habitat and heat lamps. Lol

4. Space heaters and ovens put out more heat than most small grows.

5. This is all great to hear guys.

Another thing i was wondering.

Im growing in a small 2x2 closet.

Lets say i grow delicious seeds cotton candy

Or iced grapefruit

And i didnt use odor control. You think i could get away with it?

I smoke with my window open all the time only in that room so my house doesnt smell for my girl. So if i open the window once in a while will it still stink up my house you think? I know bigger grows would but im planning on usually doing 2 plants at a time max.

6. [quote name='"Joedahoe"']This is all great to hear guys.

Another thing i was wondering.

Im growing in a small 2x2 closet.

Lets say i grow delicious seeds cotton candy

Or iced grapefruit

And i didnt use odor control. You think i could get away with it?

I smoke with my window open all the time only in that room so my house doesnt smell for my girl. So if i open the window once in a while will it still stink up my house you think? I know bigger grows would but im planning on usually doing 2 plants at a time max.[/quote]

And alot of people around here smoke weed or dont care. A good 75% mostly just maintenance maybe.

7. Id say filtration is a must. Even small grows can stink up an entire house! I thougjt about no filter but my neighbors live close, and my 3x3 tent has two two week old bagseeds that stink up the room already

8. [quote name='"Gilboyto"']

Id say filtration is a must. Even small grows can stink up an entire house! I thougjt about no filter but my neighbors live close, and my 3x3 tent has two two week old bagseeds that stink up the room already[/quote]

Damn. Does it help if i live in a 3 bedroom two bathroom and already sealed off the air vent from that room to prevent my smokiing to smell up the place?

9. Thats the size home i live in...lol. doors open vents open, i dont smell it in the whole house yet, but if i get within 2 feet or so of tjat room i get hit with a whiff no filter yet. Even if you do a diy carbon filter and some ona you MAY be ok...

10. [quote name='"Gilboyto"']

Thats the size home i live in...lol. doors open vents open, i dont smell it in the whole house yet, but if i get within 2 feet or so of tjat room i get hit with a whiff no filter yet. Even if you do a diy carbon filter and some ona you MAY be ok...[/quote]

Hmm this may be good news that door i keep closed at all time (house rule) and i keep the bottom sealed.

I was thinking of doing a ona bucket setup i saw here recently with a fan you install and it sucks the smell in. Ill see as time goes on, if i jotice strong smell ill do it. Thanks for the advice man +rep

11. #11 shagwells, Dec 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 25, 2012
    When I used to not have a filter and I was like 5 weeks in from seedlings, those started to smell. I was thinking it wouldn't since there were no flowers, but it turns out, I was in denial from week 3 or so and then came home one day @ week 5 and the smell was the first thing I noticed. :(

The door of the room I have it in, I put these thin weatherstrip foam tape around the edges of my door so that it gets a complete air tight seal when it closes; and on bottom of the door, I also put twin draft protection on it so the door pretty much becomes air tight so to speak. (Twin Draft Guard @ amazon)

Anyways, it still somehow smelled and that's probably why I was in denial when my gf kept on telling me even though I thought she was paranoid..

The bottom line is, my intention was getting a filter in the first place; it's just that I wanted to wait until I started flowering.

Also, I've seen quite a few people say Northern Lights are pretty mild in smell compared to most strains and I think it's true (based on experience). But that doesn't mean they don't use a filter either =P

12. #12 aj69420g, Dec 25, 2012
    A drone plane with thermal optics can pickup the heat from your LCD monitor so. if they want ya they want ya. CFLs look like a regular light so u should be fine.

If your super paranoid. keep a cookie sheet over your grow and keep throwing ice in it. it will throw off the heat sig.

Also the man above is correct, northern lights even when maturing has a very neutral smell. Ive grown it before and its easy to hide

one more thing is that they fly over with drones like that, looking for underground warehoues. commercial buildings with 'too much lighting' ETC. they arent worried about one guy growing in his cabinet. they want the football player that owns the 'old factory' simply cause its big news and a big payday.

Hope I Helped

13. [quote name='"aj69420g"']

A drone plane with thermal optics can pickup the heat from your LCD monitor so. if they want ya they want ya. CFLs look like a regular light so u should be fine.

If your super paranoid. keep a cookie sheet over your grow and keep throwing ice in it. it will throw off the heat sig.

Also the man above is correct, northern lights even when maturing has a very neutral smell. Ive grown it before and its easy to hide

one more thing is that they fly over with drones like that, looking for underground warehoues. commercial buildings with 'too much lighting' ETC. they arent worried about one guy growing in his cabinet. they want the football player that owns the 'old factory' simply cause its big news and a big payday.

Hope I Helped[/quote]

Yeah really helpful bro.

How does the cookie sheet affect it?

And so if i have like 10 cfls in my closet it wont pick it up as "supicious light" or "too much light"

14. heli grow op busts are illegal in America

if u happen to get busted and the police say it was because ur "heat sig" then the case will get tossed

if u live in Canada or the UK or anywhere else then ur fucked

God Bless America

15. [quote name='"bongboi"']heli grow op busts are illegal in America

if u happen to get busted and the police say it was because ur "heat sig" then the case will get tossed

if u live in Canada or the UK or anywhere else then ur fucked

God Bless America[/quote]

No way this is true. Really? Lol

16. Invasion of privacy. Unless you have an open roofed room and your window blinds wide open i dont believe they can look past that..

17. excerpt from Marijuana Grow Basics

Chapter 2 Security
    "Thermal Image Technology
    Thermal image technology is illegal in the USA
    as a means to secure a search warrant, but in
    Canada, Holland, and other countries authorities
    fly grids over urban areas to look for possible
    growers. Nonetheless, thermal image technology
    is seldom a problem for small growers who use
    less than 2000 watts oflight.
    Larger growers outwit thermal imaging
    devices by keeping lights on during daylight
    hours to confuse the technology. They further
    safeguard their grow operation by cooling
    exhaust air and expelling it under a well-insulated
    grow house so it does not leave a heat trail. Learn
    more about thermal imaging at http://en.
    wikipedia.org/wikiiThermography."

18. [quote name='"bongboi"']excerpt from Marijuana Grow Basics

Chapter 2 Security
    "Thermal Image Technology
    Thermal image technology is illegal in the USA
    as a means to secure a search warrant, but in
    Canada, Holland, and other countries authorities
    fly grids over urban areas to look for possible
    growers. Nonetheless, thermal image technology
    is seldom a problem for small growers who use
    less than 2000 watts oflight.
    Larger growers outwit thermal imaging
    devices by keeping lights on during daylight
    hours to confuse the technology. They further
    safeguard their grow operation by cooling
    exhaust air and expelling it under a well-insulated
    grow house so it does not leave a heat trail. Learn
    more about thermal imaging at http://en.
    wikipedia.org/wikiiThermography."[/quote]

"God Bless America"-bongboi

19. #19 aj69420g, Dec 25, 2012
    He isnt wrong. but its like fone taps. yeah they are inadmissible in court. doesnt mean our federal government doesnt use it anyway to find what they need to know

EDIT: Oh and the cookie sheet should be metal. so when ice starts to melt. it makes the cookie sheet one solid cooler temperature. the heat coming out of ur tent might show but it shouldnt look like anything different than a regular home. They really do look for HIDs tho (Lumen count kills ya.)

20. [quote name='"aj69420g"']He isnt wrong. but its like fone taps. yeah they are inadmissible in court. doesnt mean our federal government doesnt use it anyway to find what they need to know

EDIT: Oh and the cookie sheet should be metal. so when ice starts to melt. it makes the cookie sheet one solid cooler temperature. the heat coming out of ur tent might show but it shouldnt look like anything different than a regular home. They really do look for HIDs tho (Lumen count kills ya.)[/quote]

What should my max be to be safe?

Right now i have

6- 900 lumen cfls

And 3 crappy walmart grow lights with 3300 lumens total

So 8700 lumens