Gov. Perry shocks some with comments on marijuana

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Sgtstadanko707, Jan 24, 2014.

1. It really amazing how much has changed in like the last 5 years.  The snowball just keeps rolling, decriminalization/legalization is imminent. 

2. You have to be vigilent as ever, however. These laws they are proposing are a special interest shitfest. It's prohibition 2.0.
    They can call it whatever they want to.

3. Floating. We might not be alone.

4. But it's legal. Who cares.

5. What do you mean by special interest?  I can see where the greed comes in and they try to profit off it.

6. Nothing passes without special intrest approval. You think they just legalized weed becuse that is what the " people want ". To belive that you would be living in a smoke cloud.

7. Of course not and I'll admit I don't fully understand or care about how bills become laws and whatnot.  But isn't a bill laid out word for word and people vote it in, right?  Like maybe they change stuff around so that weed is legal to buy but not grow its still up to the people to vote it down?

8. #28 Sgtstadanko707, Jan 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2014
    Nope. Wa passed a weak bill. Then after it passed they went back and changed it to eliminate home grows. They even passed it and then tried to outlaw medical. Why??? Because the man wants to make a killing off of it. But to most of the people here. That is ok.
    Not me.

People thinking the Govement balls deep in their businees is exceptable are just foolish

9. You say Washington passed a weak bill thats fine but people voted it in right?  But how exactly did they go back to eliminate home grows, was there also a voting process for that or an amendment or something?  Certainly there was a chance to vote I hope.

10. The bill never mentioned anything about growing. People assumed they would be allowed to. Bill passed and here came the great news. You can't grow your own, you must buy ours. Seems kinda counter productive.

11. I mean yea...there it is man.  Laws are bullshit like that but thats how lawyers make money.  Lots of loopholes like that, gotta be specific but don't think there is a major conspiracy.  It was probably like 1 guy that said "hey they are gonna pass this but they won't be able to grow mwahahaha."  Laws still have to be passed by votes.  Its up to us to educate others. 

yes, now they are trying to set rules under the recommendation of the Washington State Liquor control board.

The people don't get much say in that.

13. [quote name="Airf0nz0" post="19402576" timestamp="1390628039"]I mean yea...there it is man.  Laws are bullshit like that but thats how lawyers make money.  Lots of loopholes like that, gotta be specific but don't think there is a major conspiracy.  It was probably like 1 guy that said "hey they are gonna pass this but they won't be able to grow mwahahaha."  Laws still have to be passed by votes.  Its up to us to educate others.
    [/

No one voted to Eliminate home grows but there they went. No one voted to Eliminate wa mmj system
    But it was on the brink of being knocked out.
    If you think these policy's are being passed in the intrest of people you are foolish. Voting doesn't mean crap. He who has the most money will win especially something like mj.

14. Boom. And where did the head of the lcb come from. Ex Washington dea. Didn't see that coming.

15. finally a fellow who understands me.

16. Starting down the path we eventually want to go down?  No son - THEY are bulldozing a new road to ways to make them rich.  One day you may have the pleasure of being busted with a couple of grams and spending a month at one of the new Rick Perry Rehab Centers. 

"When we don't currently have the power in our hands, we can't have the attitude of all or nothing."  Well you have nothing, they are going to give you nothing, so you might as well go for everything.  Open your eyes - weed is legal in two states, many more will follow, about half the country has medical and there's over 50% support for legalization.  These politicians aren't coming up with these ideas themselves - the people have more power than you think. 

17. It's easy enough. GET OUT AND VOTE. Mother Fuckers are all the time making plans for 4/20 but can't get their dumb asses off the couch to go vote. And then whine about it. You know who does vote? The old fuckers that you are all complaining about controlling you.

And as long as Pot remains illegal it is the fault of the people doing nothing, and therefore deserve what they get. I do my part at least three times a week. It's simple....write a few letters, start some correspondence with these people. Let them know that you are concerned and that you are going to become an active part of the process.

Here is a secret that not many people know.....We are not controlled by a majority. It is not a majority that rules us. A majority is where 51% force their will on the other 49%. So why is it that a MAJORITY of Americans actually want legalization yet we never see it?

BECAUSE we are ruled by the majority of people who actually PARTICIPATE. And sitting on a couch getting high while discussing it is cool....but get the fuck out and vote for a guy that you know will listen. You think Coloradans and Washingtonians just sat on their asses and it magically happened? Hell NO! And that is why I am planning to move there. I want to live in a state where we can agree, or disagree....but the people take action. And even if I don't agree with you, I'll support your efforts if you are really the majority. That is why I support the laws of the states where it is still illegal. Like my state. It doens't mean I won't break them, or that I won't move to escape them. But I support the wishes of my fellow Americans that choose to make a difference. Right or wrong, at least they are involved. And that is the ONLY thing keeping our Governent in check at the moment.

18. We the people have all the power maybe more than you think, but we actually have to reach out and take it. If it does get decriminalize there's no reason why the state of Texas can't make moves like the ones going on in Florida. No matter what the government is going to make Billions from pot, I just feel we (the people) should benefit as much as possible from it.

19. All it will take is for a couple of seated legislators losing voters in the polls to reform candidates before stone hard prohibition legislators not running in 2016 start suddenly remembering from their college days that marijuana wasn't that big a deal or a danger.

20. Well then, reach out and take it.  Decrim with mandatory rehab?  Moves like FL?  Any goal short of having a reasonable self-cultivation law is worthless and perpetuates this crap that keeps people paying big bucks for something that should sell for a couple bucks a gram.  I have no problem with the gov't making billions........as long as it isn't my money they're taking.