gotta problem, what would you do?

Discussion in 'General' started by KB_124, Apr 4, 2004.

1. Well, I just wanted to get a few opinions on this. I lent a co-worker some money for a car. He's got a wife, and a baby, so I figured it would be a safe loan. After I give him a check, I find out that he borrowed 2000 from somebody else a couple years ago, and hasn't paid them back. I'm kinda pissed that he neglected to tell me this. Would you confront him about it, and say whats up with this, why haven't you paid them back, or would you let it go and see if he makes his payments first?

Thanks for any help..

2. Yea, wait till you see if he pays you back or not, if he dosen't confront him.

3. Well it's not a rumor, it was from my uncle, who is our boss. I trust him like a father, so I know it's true. The thing is, this guy kept asking me not to tell my uncle, and I said I wouldn't. I'm begining to think that he didn't want me to know that he borrowed money before, and never paid back.

4. Well it actually does sound bad and i think if he dosen't pay you back you should either a: break his legs or b: call the cops or do anything to get your money back.

5. Thanks for the advice guys. I think I'm going to write up a contract for him to sign to make sure he pays. That way I'll have something if I ever have to go to small claims court.

6. heh
    good luck buddy i hate those situitations... i usually get screwed so maby that has something to do with it

7. Yea, that would be better i suppose than breaking his legs.

8. LMAO

9. couldnt he jus go get an actual loan from a bank? sounds kinda shady if someone asks to borrow a large amount of money.

10. I don't think you'll be getting that money back.... oh , maybe a witness of you two signing would be a good idea...?

11. I've been thruthis more than once--more than once makes me stupid. I'm afraid I have to say good luck getting him to sign any thing. and if he does, just hope he doesnt skip town. Be prepaired to kiss your money goodby. I hope I'm wrong. Good luck!
    :smoke: