Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Gotta love The Union

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by cudifan, May 18, 2011.

1. God that movie just made my day! So here's the story

Me and my mom somehow got on to an awkward conversation about weed (I've been caught a couple months ago) and I was able to convince her to watch TheUnion on Netflix.

As my mom is a hardcore christian, she wasn't convinced because she said they were druggies trying to push it on us and she was uneasy that I was trying to hard to defend it. So then she proceeded to pull out the laptop to get some "real" facts.

It just so happens that every clinic website ended up saying how marijuana is very good for medicinal purposes and the side effects were like low blood pressure and blood sugar and drowsiness LOL.

However, she did manage to find one brain scan where it was saying how adolescent 13year olds smoking 6 joints a day lead to abnormalities to some brain function as the brains rapid growin phase. LOL. Also something about how it slows your brain connections down (obvious effect).

At this point she's like "I wanna see what mayo clinic thinks"

Turns out mayo clinic shits on all of her beliefs :)!

I was very happy at this point to see that she was becoming convinced that it's not bad. But she doesn't want me to do it still. Man once I'm off to college it's game OVER for her! :)

Woot

2. i like how in threads like this everyone's mom is a hardcore christian

3. Using hardcore Christian is more of an adjective just calling them very religious and hard headed and stubborn in the area of marijuana.

Troller

4. why so much hate dawg it was just a joke

5. So shes easily influenced?

6. I watch that documentary every so often when I'm stoned and about to fall asleep.

7. #7 cudifan, May 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    I wouldn't call it easily influenced as it took her a lot of researching to change her views about it and she even admitted to not being educated about it.

If she was easily influenced shed of been convinced by the end of the union

8. I love it for what it is.

9. She's convinced it's not bad... but she doesn't want you to do it.

That sounds like a fail to me dude.

10. Yeah I guess :/ atleast I got something tho. Just gotta wait till I get outt

11. soooo.....nothing happened. swell

12. probably something to do with the illegal-ness

13. Man, I tried to convince my mom of that back when I was 15. She's one who can't be swayed by facts. In her opinion, weed is bad, illegal, and morally wrong. She also believes that everything you read about pro-legalization is fake, and also that the DEA's facts are correct. And yeah, she IS a hardcore Christian.

14. dude why can't you just smoke and in the meanwhile just not ever bring up pot. if u ever get caught, it's going to be because you talk about it withher

15. Great film. I really wish everyone could get the information from it. Watched it multiple times. Gotta love Joe Rogan's lines in that one, too.