Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Got trim now. What is the mest method to store/dry for a oil/alcohol extraction.

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by mralan, Jul 10, 2012.

1. Just managed to get hold of some trim/leaves (not too sure what parts sugar/fan etc).

I have been reading up on various forums about storing/drying/freezing leaves until I am ready to make an extraction.

I was wondering is there a best way to dry or store them in preparation for an oil or alcohol extraction? I was thinking freezing them might not be too good for the oil or vice-verse... If you get me??

I pretty much have a carrier bag full....

To my knowledge drying in a brown paper bag in a cool dark place and then freezing until I make extraction straight in the oil or alcohol..??

This is for pure medicinal use hence the oil or alcohol. So I do not want to make any hash or pollen out of it. However, is there a method that will allow the thc and of course the medicinally valued CBD cannibinoid to be activated..

Hope you can help me out.

Thank You...

2. Check out badkitty's thread in the incredible edible herb section

3. Is it a particular section, a sticky or what??

4. Hi again..

Can anyone suggest a quick fire method...??

Just got my leaves... And I was told there is something on the leaves... Like black speckles or something... Do I need to dry these out quickly??

If so how can I do this?

Please let me know asap as I don't want to risk wasting these leaves...

I ideally want to store them until I am ready to make a go at an oil or alcohol extraction..

Please help.

5. It's a sticky

6. If you are making hash freeze them RIGHT NOW. If you are making edibles freeze them. Pm me if you would like help I had about 40 lbs of trim a few years ago, so I have experimented. The dry trim hash seemed to be pretty good but it tasted like it had plant matter In it. The frozen fresh trim hash is always a small bit less but oh OH so more potent. If you are making edibles I have found that you get a fresher taste freezing while still fresh then adding to hot fat while as cold as possible. This allows more trichroms to break off at a higher rate. You could take my word for it or try it for yourself.