Got The Pack Loaded And Ready To Go

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by Greenclutch, Jun 2, 2013.

1. That is sweet. I think you sold me on it. I have been wanting to do the switch for a long time, I think I will order one tonight. The one thing that I think I want from the hammock more then anything is to use it as a seat. I hate sitting on my bag or a log while cooking. I am always looking for a way at the end of the day to be relaxed and sitting.

2. #22 Egghead03, Jun 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2013
    It is a good seat lol. And I will even set it up @ lunch/longer breaks because it is easy.

Once you get it I think you will sleep in it. The first day I got it and set it up in the yard. There I slept, in the rain, that night. I was skeptical as well and was assuming I was going to return it but wanted to try it.

ALso, if you didn't know, they are cut a special way to where if you lay at a slight angle in them you actually lay pretty flat.

3. Figured I would chime in on the hammock discussion, I just got my first one this spring and I will NEVER sleep in a tent again!

I went with the eno double nest because the Hennessy ones were a bit pricey for me to just get on a whim. I got the atlas straps with it and it literally takes 30seconds to set up like egghead said.

Can't go wrong with a hammock man, you just can't!

4. damn I need to get one of those things, look so dope.

5. The guys above me are right about Hennessy being the best, reviews on the internet race about them. But for much less cash I honestly can't complain about my ENO.

I just don't Think you can go wrong with a hammock man.!

Yea i went ahead and just now ordered the eno double. But I would have like to bought the hennessy hammock, I just am not sure how much I will like it so going to try the cheaper route first

7. yea that's how I felt, did you get any straps? They make a huge diff.

8. Yea I bought some straps with it I want to get that rain fly they have as well but will test it out first

9. That's awesome man. Let us know what you think of it. I do the redneck thing and just string a tarp over mine for rain. The eno rainfly cost as much as the hammock itself so fuck that! Lol. But I haul my camping stuff in a canoe not on my back so I can afford the extra weight.

10. #30 Malt-Liquor-Kitty, Jun 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2013
    Thought I'd bump this thread, wondering which MSR pump OP uses and if he uses any other purification after pumping the agua. I've never used a Hammock for camping, always been a tent or under the stars kinda guy. Sounds like a pretty slick and comfy way to sleep though.

Well, just re-upped with some Hindu, Mr. Nice Guy, and Maui along with a Dram of Hash. All I need to do now is grab a sixer jump in the suby and blast off into the mountains. 

[​IMG]

I use the msr mini works i believe that is what its called. And as far as any additives I do carry tablets and some times I will use them but very rarely I mean if I know the waters sketchy then I will but then I hate the taste of the water so I always put some mio sweet tea mix in with it.

12. ^^^^^^^^ thats the one I rock, I pair it with a Steri-pen to kill viruses and bacteria. I love that little pump though, its got great flow and its basically made to be used with a nalgene or like bottle which I always have one with me. Fuuuuuck, I need to get some time away from work and everything to go on a deep hiking trip somewhere soon. Maybe I'll go down to canyon lands or something.

How do you like the pocket rocket? I've got a pocket stove that's on the heavier side and was looking at that little guy. Also, what gsi cook set ya got? lol not to swamp ya with qustions or anything.