Got some shitty news during tonight's sesh.

Discussion in 'General' started by billybob3@gmail, Sep 19, 2006.

1. So tonight during our ritual blunt rolling between my room mates, and an outside friend of ours, I learned about some really shitty news. Turns out, that the outside friend, probably one of my best friends, decided to drop out of college, and move back home. She's checking herself into an in-patient rehab facility that's located in SoCal. She's going to be attending a 30 day program and then live in a Sober living house directly afterwards. The whole program is costing her parents 35,000 dollars, they're even putting off a home renovation for this.

It's not the fact that she's quitting that bothers me, I respect anyone who chooses not to smoke. It's the fact that she's having to go to a rahabilitation center over something so little, and harmless. We even brought up the fact to her that she didn't need to go to rehab to stop smoking over the summer. She claims that she doesn't really think that she is addicted to weed, but that she just couldn't think of any other excuse for her mom to let her drop out and go home, she's apparently not very happy with her current situation.

This whole situation was brought on by herself, her parents knew that she smoked and never told her to stop. Anyways, there really wasn't a point to this post, just a need to vent. :smoking:

Have a great day!

2. I'm sorry, but that's pretty shitty that she's putting all of that financial burden on her parents who are probably already paying for her university. If I were you I'd tell her to get a job and grow up. But then again I don't know the whole story.

3. personally, she comes across as being extremely selfish. shes gonna make them pay 35 grand just so that she doesnt tell them the truth that she just wants to drop out. id smack her on the head and ask her what the hell shes thinking

4. Seriously though, she needs to grow up. It's one thing to go to rehab for heroin, but it's another to go to rehab so you can drop out of college and then put a financial burden equal to one or possibily two years of college tuition.

I hope she sees the error in her ways.

5. I hate getting bad news or talking about subjects like this when I'm smoking...

A friend of mine (my roomates twin brother, best friends since 2nd grade) committed suicide early this year and people always like to bring it up.