got some shit on my mind

Discussion in 'General' started by black domina616, Sep 30, 2013.

1. is school worth it? (for me)......
    \t
    \tthe reason why I'm saying this is i don't think its for me, but i go because i don't want to live off minimum wage forever......thats it! i dont want to pursue a higher education or any of that. I'm currently attending college for surgical technician which is a 2 year program, so i thought i would be a good choice. but now I'm starting to think differently about going to school in general. i mean i want a successful job & life but my motivation to continue school is getting lower everyday. can anyone give some insight on this or am i just bitching about nothing...

worlds are cages, for ideas

2. Just keep going and don't be afraid of choices. Choices are avenues for liberation, if you choose for them to be.

3. What is your definition of successful? How does it differ when applying it to your job and your life?

4. ????????

5. my definition of successful would be financially set. not worrying about over due bills, having a fridge full of food. morally successful i would say doing something i enjoy, and take pride in

6. It's what you have to do to be successful ..... Or not just drop out and get some easy job but don't change your mind when your 40

7. school sucks but sometimes we have to suck it up and do shit we don't want to for our future. but it sounds like you don't enjoy what you study. do you?

8. i just have public speaking & medical terminology. i had to other classes but my financial aid dropped them but its like w.e
    and i definitely understand doing what i have to know for the long run.

9. #9 Hello there!, Sep 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2013

Okay. So when you're not worrying about bills, school, time, or any person/group, what are you doing?

10. I was too cool for school tbh.

11. what do u mean

you have to look outside of the money aspect of a career. you can make a career out of what you spend most of your time and effort in - you just have to figure out how to do that. because whatever you spend most of your time and effort in is what you have the most knowledge in. and knowledge is power. power = money.

13. On a serious note, only leave if you don't feel like you will continue pursuing the path you are going down. If you have any feeling you might regret leaving don't do it just yet and weigh up your options on where you want to go in life.

When you're not worrying about what is wrong, what are you doing that feels right?

How can you predict what you want in the future until you identify what you want right now?

15. i would like to go for psychology. i have really good intuition about others & can relate. but thats 2 years at community college, with additional 4 years at a university. and i cant afford that to be honest.

16. i really cant answer that :/

17. What would you do with a degree in Psychology? Would you have any concentrations or minors? What would be the point of those?

Remember - school is a tool. It's not where you go to do what you want to do for the rest of your life. It's where you go when you're setting yourself up for a great future. So don't squander the tool on useless subjects and knowledge like a lot of people. Go for something that you will be able to use in your professional life, in order to pay for comfort in your life.

If you can't answer the question you quoted, then it's pointless to think about the future. You'll get it wrong, unless you're a magician worth his salt. Figure out what you want to do now, and then translate it into what you want to do in the future. The only way to figure out what you want to do, is to try them. You can either proactively do them and forge your own path, or accept whatever comes your way (think of the movie, "Yes Man," with Jim Carrey) and construct your path on top of others'. You can mix up your approach to trying new things.

There's a lot of trial and error, but you learn about yourself along the way, with no external cost.

18. thanks everyone

19. Please do yourself a favor and try to imagine that each day will go by, each year, each decade regardless of what you are doing. PLEASE stay in school. Yes, it's difficult, Yes, it stinks at times....BUT it will make your life in 5 years a WHOLE LOT more fulfilling.

Please keep going. I wish I would have.