Got some seeds and wanna grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by flipskater1092, Jan 22, 2007.

1. So i bought a sack and found a few seeds in. I have looked into growing before but never actually had any intention of really doing it but I have these seeds and it dawned upon me. Theres only 3 seeds but I figured that might be a decent number for just one plant (or 3 if they all sprout and work out). The seeds are brown and tan with brown lines on them, but I have no idea what strain or anything like that. Now i live in Long Island, NY and it's pretty cold here right now. It will probably snow soon so I thought it would be a bad time to start growing now. Spring time should be alright though right?

Now i want to just have my plant outside and do it that way but i was curious about all the soil and supplies i might need. Could i just plant it in the ground after i sprouted the seeds or would i have to go with a pot and all the special soil and additives you put in it? Another thing that i dont really have an idea about is the pruning and clipping the branches. How do i know what branches to clip? Basically i just need to know the basics but it's just for 1-3 plants so its not much. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone.

2. hi and welcome to the city. my friend you ask a lot more than you realize here. I don't believe your questions can be adequately answered in this thread. there are lots of whole books written on growing mj. my advice to you is to read through as much of these growing forums as you can handle and then read a little more. general outdoor growing; advance techniques; grow journals; are all great places to accumulate info. once you've done some research the city is a valuable resource for slightly more specific questions you come up with. gl, peace brother

3. I'll second what he said.

Use the search feature with specific words, and you will be returned a lot of threads to read. You may not need to know anything about the plant to stick a seed in the dirt and hope it grows, but to help it grow and to protect it, you really should read up.

Personally, I would say: Just germinate the seed (search!), stick it in the ground and wait a week. Instead of trying for a big return on this grow, try to learn about the plant, so that the next seeds you plant will be much better because you can help them. Right now you're just learning and need to focus on that.

BTW, if you plant a seed and it sprouts, you may just find yourself with a ton of reading energy and scouring the forum for info.

4. Thanks you two. Definitley will read up an ALOT of stuff. Sorry for not searching beforehand though.