got some questions need some answers

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Devken323, Feb 23, 2008.

1. ok so i have vermiculite,peat moss,and perlite

im planning on growing out side starting in april i live in ga

i have a lot of places i could plant and i want to grow in the ground so i dont have to water to frequently

should i sprout inside or outside and how should i plant them outside

also what nutrients and ferts would i need

im worried if i plant in the woods that b/c of all the trees my plants woulnt get enough sunlight

need some suggestions

2. What part of ga do you live in? I live in macon ga(central ga), but anyway i planted my plants about 3 weeks ago and they are doin fine, but late april would probably be the best time to plant, but anyway planting your plants in a little shade would probably be a good thing since ga gets really hot and humid, and you gotta make sure you dont overwater or over feed your plants. what i did was, i took egg shells smashed them into a powder(it will put lime and other nutrients into the soil), and mixed them with my soil( i used natural dirt since it was all i had at the time), and then i put horse shit on top of the dirt around my seedlings(since my friend has a horse). But if your using like miracle grow soil or a soil that has nutrients in it you probably shouldnt put anything else in it specially when they are just seedlings just to make sure you dont over feed them since store bought soils usually come with lots of nutrients in them.

Oh yea, the main things you have to worry about living in ga is, animals and coppers :p as long as you keep the bugs away and have a good spot(dont show anyone where your plants are) they should be fine, and water them at least twice a day once in the morning and once at around 4ish b4 it gets dakr since ga gets really hot. You can get some sprays that should keep the bugs away for at least a month, and you can also get lady bugs and daddy longlegs and put them around your plants and they will eat the flies and mites, and put human hair or a shirt or something on a tree or w/e to keep deers and mice away.

3. question here if i put my seeds in a pot and put the pot in the ground can i have the bottom directly touching the soil underneath or should i have some room for the water to filter threw??

4. Planting the seed directly into the ground worked fine for me. Didn't even germinate it inside,just planted it and left it to grow.

General, if i were you i'd not use a pot at all if you have somewhere you can plant it directly into the ground

5. germinate it inside put in cup till it sprouts then plant outside if you want you can get some shock treatment too

6. make sure the pot has wholes in the bottom and if its touching the soil that will be fine...the advantage to having it in a pot is that a rainstorm wont necessary wipe it out as easily from runoff

7. If you have the option, start the seed in solo cups under lights. You still have 2 months before you can be (relatively) sure of not having a killer frost so you should be able to grow and maybe even sex the sets before taking them out in the woods.

Depending on what your soil is like, you may need to add something to loosen it up. Georgia has some heavy clay soil in a lot of the state. One fella is going to use coco coir to mix in the soil because it doesn't weigh much, isn't as bulky as peat moss and he can hike it out to the grow site...brilliant, in my opinion.

Growing in God's own, I'd suggest a good time-released fertilizer like Osmokote (no I don't own stock). A three pound jar will feed a lot of plants all through vegetation. Come fall, you can add some bone meal or other phosphorus rich fertilizer.

As for the site itself, so long as there are weeds growing, your plants should get enough light to thrive. Try to give them morning sun if you can, 'cause the afternoon heat will be brutal.