Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

got some noob questions here.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by The Dankster, Aug 12, 2009.

1. alright please dont flip and think im stupid or anything... I've already asked a bunch of people that I know and they think i'm the biggest retard :p so help me out here!!!

The first time i smoked with a friend, idk, I felt scared when i was high... I had no idea that that's what being high was like, let me explain to you my type of high.
    I couldn't remember anything a second later it happened, (common), i thought these 19 year olds were little kids, and everything felt like i was in a dream. My heart rate slowed down, it felt like i couldn't even move any part of my body, i sat on the couch for hours non-moving. Before that i paced at least 30 times up and down my kitchen for no reason. Idk it felt a little scary to me, is that normal? Would I get used to it eventually?

What are the different effects of the different strains and stuff?

2. Yes, I think this has happened to most who have recently started smoking. They even have a name for the phenomenon of not being able to stand up from the couch -- "couch lock". You may just be smoking really good weed or simply a lot of it. If you find the feeling uncomfortable, you can just try smoking less, I guess, though my personal recommendation would be to learn to enjoy the feeling because once somebody starts smoking often, they wish they could still get as high as they did when they first started smoking. Just relax man. :smoke:

3. Same thing happened to my sister the first time she smoked. She ended up crying. MAN was that a buzzkill.

4. lol your screen name is the dankster and you've only smoked once lol

5. trust me, at first it will be like that its totally natural, the more you smoke it the more you will love it, the herb did that to me when i started but now the herb is the most relaxing euphoric high, keep tokin man and thank me when your a fully blossomed stoner

(i dont wanna come off as cocky but i want him to know what the herb can do for you)

6. Paranoia, short-term memory loss, and a classic case of couch lock. These are normal side effects. It sounds like you either had a nice indica dominant strain or you smoked too much.

7. Everyone will have bad highs, it happens. Next time try relaxing and enjoying it. If you smoke shitty weed, your highs will result in headaches, confusing, and bad outcomes. If you smoke some dank, you will be elevated and on top of the world.
    Relax man.

Smoke and choke *****:smoke::smoke:

8. happens to every newbie bro. its not a bad thing, and ull get more used to it the more u smoke. enjoy the low tolerance days my friend.

9. that sounds like some serious dank! :p

Your second and third time shall be different because now you know what to expect. However, weed is not for everyone, so do not feel discouraged if the weed does not give you what you want...

10. Next time you smoke, try following this. Have ONE, yes ONE, decent hit, let it out, and wait 10 minutes. See how you feel. If you want more, have another, and wait 10 more minutes. This will help you gauge how high you are getting without ODing.

EDIT: 1000th post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. man super sexy guide for that DIY scrubber! that tiger bloom at the end made me XD

but ya. great advice for a novice stoner. heed this!

12. Haha thanks bro!

13. ha thats funny

but i remember when i used to get high like that i would enjoy it while you can

14. #14 DaNk AlL DaY, Aug 12, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2009
    100% normall haha! happens to me all the damn time but i enjoy it to the max

15. If its too intense lower the quality or quantity, honestly your gonna have to give your body a little time to build a bit of a tolerance, the first few sessions for me were VERY psychedelic, although i enjoyed it i remember the feeling being pretty overwhelming.