Got Seeds, Now .. Look

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by zq8s10, Feb 19, 2007.

1. Well, My Durban Poison seeds came in.. I am dying to germinate them and see how many sprout and all, my only problem is , do I have enought light, I have 4 48" 40 watt 6500k flouresents.. will these be enough to keep them going untill around april to put them outdoor? .. also I went to the farm and garden supply store and told the guy I wanted lime, so he give me a big ass 50 pound bag of lime, its like rock style.. and the only directions is us 50 pounds ever 1000 sq ft .. or something, so I don't have a clute what to do, I told him I needed fertilizer high in nitrogen and he give me a 50 pound bag of some 12-8-5 or something like that .. I think I'm just going to ditch these bags and go to wal mart and just buy some smaller bags.. I want to grow these directly in the ground, but Im scared none of the soil around here looks right, so would I still have good results if I dug a whole about 2'x'2 and about a foot deep and filled with organic potting soil with some good top soil on top? .. or should I just gow it in 5 gal buckets filled with potting soil.. anyways , thanx for all help:smoking:

2. my opinioun here
    get some average potting mix no ferts in it espesally that slow realese shit
    get vermiculite at the garden store mix it together 50:50 if you want to put some sand and watersaving salts if watering is a problem dig big ass holes and put that stuff in it

3. Still looking for ways to plant outdoors, I'm very very open to ideas, just try to keep them simple.. Also, still curious if I have enough lighting, I'm sure not ALL of the seeds will germinate, maybe they will, hell.. but even if they do , between all the lighting its only 160 watts and 12,200 lumnes in a blue spectrum.. on warm days they can be moved outside from around 1 till 5 .. then I'll be transplanting them outdoors in their permanent places, just none of the soil around here is any good, I need ideas on what to do..

4. When you first germinate your seeds,use either the paper towel method or just put them in a cup half full of water.You want a warm dark place until the seeds pop.Then you can use light and your flouros are more than enough light to start your little girls.The light you have will ptabably ge good until the plants are about 8-12 inches high.

5. Alrighty, well thanks a lot, never knew that much light would work, I discovered these lights are the ecolux lights or w/e , but anyways , yeah I stated germinating the seeds this morning, using the paper towel method, hopefully I will get the most of them to sprout, I ordered them from dr. chronic, anyone got any ideas on what to do outside though as far as the soil problem goes?