Got seeds, got hydro, got lights...now what?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by codebreaker1003, Dec 17, 2011.

1. Hey gc!
    I recently recieved some seeds,they're all feminized auto-dwarfs and I'm only looking to grow 1 or 2 at the same time. The seeds are Short Stuff - Snowryder & onyx, Sweet Seeds - Speed devil #2, and Delicious -Northern Light Blue, and La Diva (free seeds with my order). ALL Fems

I have "emilys home garden" hydro system (you can find it on amazon), a single 2ft T5 grow light and a few 13w CFL's. I used to do hydroponics back in high school as a school project so I have a little experience... At least at growing cucumbers and tomatoes lol !!

Im planning on growing in a very small space, its about 30in tall and 36 in wide (the hydro lifts the plants about 5 inches so its really only 25in tall). My idea was to either bend the plants horizontally to save space or to try a ScrOG (not really sure of the details of that all i know is that it saves space and maximizes yeild) But its my first grow ever! Any yield is good I'm just looking to start small!

So heres a small list of questions ! :eek:
    Should i grow 1 or 2 plants ?
    Which strain should i start with? (I'm thinking Snowryder because its so short)
    Is it even possible to bend the plants to a 90degree angle? and will that make them shorter or just wider?
    Is a ScrOG a good idea for a first time grower with limited space?
    Do i have sufficient light to grow a nice little plant or two? (i can probably buy a 125w cfl if needed)
    Is this even enough space to grow a plant a get a small yield or do i need to find a bigger space?
    Thanks for any tips, criticisims and answers to my questions!! I'm looking to do this as soon as i can so any advice is helpful!! THANKS GC!! :)

2. Only one plant in that space for sure. It would have to be a small one too, or screen of green. You are going to be very restricted with height, so scrog would be good. Bending the plants over is always an option as LST, but note that the plant will always lift it's tops back up towards the lights again. If you decide to tie it back to control the size, you need to be consistent because it will grow against your training.

EDIT: If you have autoflowering plants, I'd scrap the scrog idea (not enough veg time) and try to do a single plant with lots of LST.

3. allright ill definitely do a single plant with LST in my little grow ! thanks a lot ill definitely make a first grow journal once i have it all set up!

4. I'll be sure to sub and check it out:smoke:.

5. Get to growing fool

6. Make sure you have a plan to deal with the smell if stealth is a concern.