Got ripped before SAT's and scored a..

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by ebola weed, Dec 1, 2011.

1. #41 Kush In My Soul, Dec 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2011
    I got a 28 on the ACT sober but my parents wanted me to take it one more time to see if could somehow do better. I was happy since I knew I would be able to get into the state school that I currently go to (would have left the state if out of state tuition would be the same as in state tuition). So on the way to take the ACT a second time my guy gave me a ride and we smoked 2 big blunts on the way. I got a 22 and I think it was because most of the time I was just looking around and observing what seemed like a thousand kids in a small lunchroom taking life and the test so seriously. I think I enjoy observing large social scenes.

2. [quote name='"djace112"']take the mcat stoned and ill buy you a pound[/quote]

oooo scary

3. 2140 sober. Yeahhhh

4. dont take the SAT here but we do take the ACT and I made a 29 on it while being super baked:smoke: thought it was good enough so didnt take it again:p

5. Im in college with a 2.9:cool:

6. I got a 31 on the ACT on ritalin, fucking limitless.

:)

7. i took ritalin before court because it was at 8:00AM in the AM.. the day after my 18th birthday. i was so hungover it wasnt even funny, but like 20 mins into court i was fucking zoned, i was so focused

8. This isn't super high me haha

9. No one looks at SAT scores in a vacuum. That's why in your college application you didn't just list your name and your SAT score.

The SATs are an excellent predictor of the success rate of students in their freshman year in college, which is why most schools require you to take them. When they accept a student, only to have that student fail mid-way through the year, that looks bad for the school. If this happens enough, it could mean a drastic cut in federal funding and even cutting jobs throughout school (less students->less security; less students->less faculty).

Most uninformed people view SATs as an assessment of intelligence, whereas the test was never designed for that purpose. No one is "accepted" into a school based on their SATs score alone, as you attempt to say. Rather, the SATs are one of the many factors that lead to acceptance or denial of applicants. Other things might be the amount of extracurricular activities the student was involved in, their employment history, their grades throughout High School, and even something as simple as an interview.

And not only are they not "retarded", but they actually assist in more ways than most consider. For example, I took the SATs in grade school along with a few other kids in my class. We also took the pSAT throughout High School. Not only did that assist in me getting mentored (I'm not saying I'm smart, I just did well on the SATs, standardized tests are pretty simple), but it also allowed me to get an additional scholarship to my current school (National Merit Scholarship Finalist). Without that, I wouldn't be able to afford college.

tl;dr: SAT scores are only retarded to people who don't know what they're used for

10. took my final SAT on adderall today... now to wait for the outcome LOL

11. 2400, had never smoked weed before. The trick is to get into a good college, THEN get addicted. No one cares in college. They still pretend in high school.

12. well i didnt do sat but i did the FCAT its a test in florida that is required to graduate. I vaped in the bathroom like 5 min before the test and passed with a 341, went up from 292 and u need a 3 to pass which is over 300 :D didnt even read the passages :smoke:

13. I was baked and got something like 1540. I literally skipped 75% of the math questions, but I guess my reading comprehension and writing skills remained unchanged :p

14. 2130. High life.

15. 2080 drunk as shittt wish I studied more.

16. Wow. Im glad Im not this stupid

17. lol!
    I graduated from highschool with a 2.9 GPA(I really fucked up my junior year)
    My school had no clubs or extracurriculars... They tried to incorporate them when I was a sophomore but it failed.
    I took the SAT as a Junior and scored a 1790.
    I was convinced I did terribly, I wanted to retake it.
    All my friends were amazed because most of them didn't even get about 1450 lol

I got practically a full scholarship to Mars Hill College because of my SAT score.
    Then I left. Because I'm an indecisive moron.

18. [quote name='"nick32"']Wow. Im glad Im not this stupid[/quote]

Wow. Im glad my username isn't nick32

19. I scored a 2080 pretty faded

20. A 1230 on the old sat!