Got rejected, psyche me up to go out tonight

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by Monte_Cristo, Nov 1, 2013.

1. Topic says it all.

Was into a girl, thought the feelings were mutual, we hung out one night at a bar, now she doesn't want to hang out anymore.

Since its halloween I got it into my head that maybe it would be good for my self esteem if I went out to one of the bars around campus. Problem is I'm a pretty shy guy and so for me to go to a bar by myself to try and meet people would be a big step. Anyone got any advice or inspirational things to say to get me pumped up enough to actually try it?

What do you blades think? Would it be weird for a college kid to go by himself to a bar on Halloween?

2. Just stay at home man. You will not be comfortable at all unless you drink your misery away then you will act like even more of a fool. Work on your self confidence and over time you'll build one up and have one of your very own.

3. Inject some bull testosterone to get you amp'd up. 

Seriously though, just go out. Anywhere you see a keg or large table topped with lots of beer, be there. 

4. The person above have the best and most responsible advice. But I'm in college so I know how college guys are, and is say you could just go to the bar and get wasted. Liquid courage.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Haha I'm not much of a drinker so I'd probably just have a beer or two and hangout for an hour, maybe try and talk to someone. And I mean I'm not completely socially ignorant, I don't have zero self confidence, I'm just not normally a bar person, especially by myself.

6. A beer or two??? Have a couple shots of Jack and you'll be the life of the party. Trust me on this one.

7. If you think you'll only go for an hour, then go.. for an hour. What else are you gonna do with that hour?

8. @Monte_Cristo

Did you go out?

Mobile reppin

9. all crushes do is crush ur soul
    relationships may seem like a good idea but so did getting onto the Titanic and we all know how that ended

10. I love you twee

i hit rock bottom like every 2 weeks, I'm bound to come up with sort of wisdom when I'm down there like

12. Well that fucker was a gem. I wish my rock bottom was that educational haha.

13. It's not like you can't leave if you're not enjoying yourself!
    Maybe challenge someone to a game of pool or find someone who enjoys the herb.

This is one night of rejection and the rest of your nights are for having fun. Do it!

14. I went, bar was dead, probably because it was a Thursday. I talked to some people i recognized and then left. It was still good to make myself go out of my comfort zone and I'm definitely gonna try and these past couple of days have definitely taught me to be more outgoing, which is good.

Thanks for all the help, and I laughed at the Titanic line =)

15. Working out and exercising is good for your self-esteem. Don't do it in hopes of looking good for others though. Do it for your own health's sake. Go out and go get your body in motion.

Haha Already did it, lost like 50 pounds and did the whole shebang, got the six pack and pecs and everything lol Working out is one of the things I enjoy doing most, I'd go so far as to say its harder for me to skip a day working out then it is to go without smoking herb.