Got pulled over recently

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Kstoner, Mar 27, 2012.

1. Hi GC! This story is from a few weeks ago, just now getting around to posting it...

Was driving home after getting dropped off by my friend after a fun day riding in his Ferrari in the mountains and on a race track... I love cars and driving, and I drive pretty quickly but not recklessly. I was doing around 70-something on a 4-lane on my way back, with the windows down and the music up, and I saw the black Crown Vic too late. Fuck! As I was going by, I saw him putting it in drive and knew I was screwed. I did everything right during the stop: pulled over quickly, turned off the car asap, and waited for the cop to walk up. When he did, he told me he had me on laser going 76mph in a 45 zone. He asked if I had any drugs or alcohol in the car (I didn't, but had my bowl on me...), and I told him no. He then asks me if he can search the car, and I told him I don't consent to searches. He tells me to wait and goes to his car for like 25-30 minutes. I know cops don't like it when you are fidgety, so I sat still and hardly moved the whole time I was waiting. He came back to the car and told me to roll up my window and step out; then he tells me he is bringing in a K9, since I refused the search and was acting suspicious. He starts asking me about school and everything, trying to small talk me while waiting on the K9 unit. When the K9 gets there, the K9 officer walks the dog around the van, while I'm next to the other cop waiting. I was getting pretty worried, wondering if I was going to end up going to jail... the K9 cop takes the dog back to his car, then comes back and starts asking why I didn't consent to the search and how people who refuse searches have something to hide. I told him I was just exercising my rights, the whole time not knowing if the dog signaled anything in the car or not. He ends up telling me the dog didn't find anything after a few minutes of more questions, and then the other officer wrote me my ticket.

I feel like he wanted to search my car initially because my eyes may have been a bit glossy from smoking the day before. He told me I was acting suspicious and that is why he was bringing the K9. Bullshit- I was acting so fucking normal the whole time! Anyways, I got lucky and have been slowing down when driving.... waiting for court on April 17th... :eek:

2. Close one !!!!! Good story

3. Finally a cop story where someone correctly exercises their rights! If you had consented to the search, you most likely would be looking at a paraphernalia charge on top of your ticket.

4. I'm surprised the dog didn't find it.

One time I was driving home at about 1:00 in the morning. Doing about 5 over, so 40ish in a 35. In Atlanta, 99.9% of the time, you don't get pulled over for that. I didn't have weed on me but I had literally smoked a joint in the car 45 minutes before. So it definitely stank like weed. Thankfully I didn't have any weed or paraphernalia in the car, though. So anyway, this cop pulls me over, I'm sitting there going "Uh, what the fuck?"

Do you know why I pulled you over? Uh, no, Officer. I honestly don't. He started to talk about suspicious activity and then said that it smelled like weed. He asked if I could search my car. I knew I would be fine if they searched but I didn't want to waste all that time, so I said no. He said alright, I'm calling in the K9. I said that was fine, I didn't have anything.

Obviously, when the K9 showed up about 25 minutes later, it smelled weed. They had me get out of the car as the two officers tore my car apart looking for weed. Those assholes kept me there until 3:30 in the goddamn morning... When they finally gave up, they just said "Thank you for your patience" and let me go. What the fuck is that bullshit.

If you waste my time and I'm innocent (sort of? but they don't need to know that) then you bet your ass I want the last 3 hours of my life back. Shit pissed me off more than anything.

///M

5. I dunno what year M you have but I have similar deals w/ cops around my area.. I drive an STI.

Like really officer - would I transport drugs in my car that looks/sounds like a race car or a fucking honda accord or KIA? They always assume I have drugs in my car.. like its 830AM.. I'm going to work... Seriously?! :confused:

They always tell me my car is suspicious. Of what? Having 4 wheels?
    YOU TELL ME COP'R. :cool:

6. It wasn't even driving an M! It was a Gold E30 ('87) 325is. Little coupe, was lowered, had aftermarket wheels. Stock exhaust though, and that's usually what draws most of the attention from the coppers.

Now I drive a mazda 3... My E30 died. Her name was Halcyon. RIP, babe.

I'll be getting an E46 M3 in the near future, hopefully. ZCP package with those beautiful 19" wheels and the CSL steering rack and wheel. Gotta keep working! Keep your eyes on the prize.

///M

7. Sounds sexy :D
    An yea - I use to have a terrible obnoxious exhaust - I knew it was lol - but I would get pulled over constantly so they could tell me how loud it was. "...Ahh yeah officer i'm inside the car.."

I'v even been stopped for cops to tell me.. "Noticed you were taking it easy.." :mad:

Little do they know I'm prob the most chill-safe driver they stop. I love my car and don't want anyone fucking hitting it/hitting stuff with it. I cannot stand when I see ppl texting while driving and then 2sec later I'm pulled over for going the speed limit in a line of cars bc my car is fancy as fuck. :p

8. Oh, she will be.

And I have one thing to say.

HATERS GON' HATE.

What all have you done to your scooby/what year is it?
    ///M

9. It's an 07.
    some mods: coils, 18x9.5s, shifter stuff, bushing stuff, intake, turboback, ect ect.

Its a fun fun car. No complaints - other then the 5-0 following me around expect me to start tossing 1/8ths out my windows lol

10. Awesome! I am a BMW addict as well... I plan on getting an E30 as my first car- they are some of the best cars ever made! Good luck with that E46! :)

11. Damn i am glad the dog didnt smell the bowl. It prob costs them money to bring the dog out there, not to mention all the time that was wasted over a useless search. Your court date is on my birthday hhaha good luck with that shit.

Also, i know in some states if you go over 30mph over the speed limit you could get arrested on the spot. I guess georgia doesnt have that law, luckily for you

12. [quote name='"Kstoner"']

Awesome! I am a BMW addict as well... I plan on getting an E30 as my first car- they are some of the best cars ever made! Good luck with that E46! :)[/quote]

Same.... Just got back from driving our beamer i650 convert....beautiful fucking car lol.

13. This is why I hate drug sniffing dogs. Like, they can just bring them in anytime under their bullshit "suspicions". I think if any dog signals and they don't find anything, the dog should be retired because obviously it doesn't have what it takes to be on the job anymore.

Fucking cops.

14. [quote name='"DragonFury"']This is why I hate drug sniffing dogs. Like, they can just bring them in anytime under their bullshit "suspicions". I think if any dog signals and they don't find anything, the dog should be retired because obviously it doesn't have what it takes to be on the job anymore.

Fucking cops.[/quote]

If you had weed in the car and smoked in it ...OF COURSE the dog will smell weed and signal ? Why should it be retired just cause there wasnt any in the car at the time ? That's stupid

15. do you not understand what he is saying? he is saying that if a cop makes their dog signal ( which they can, easily ), and they do not find anything and the search is just based on the cop's bullshit suspicion, then the dog should be retired, or better yet the officer who trained them.

16. I love how the cop asked you why you didn't consent to the search in the first place. Maybe it's because you just wanted him to write the fucking ticket and stop wasting your time!

17. [quote name='"Kstoner"']Hi GC! This story is from a few weeks ago, just now getting around to posting it...

Was driving home after getting dropped off by my friend after a fun day riding in his Ferrari in the mountains and on a race track... I love cars and driving, and I drive pretty quickly but not recklessly. I was doing around 70-something on a 4-lane on my way back, with the windows down and the music up, and I saw the black Crown Vic too late. Fuck! As I was going by, I saw him putting it in drive and knew I was screwed. I did everything right during the stop: pulled over quickly, turned off the car asap, and waited for the cop to walk up. When he did, he told me he had me on laser going 76mph in a 45 zone. He asked if I had any drugs or alcohol in the car (I didn't, but had my bowl on me...), and I told him no. He then asks me if he can search the car, and I told him I don't consent to searches. He tells me to wait and goes to his car for like 25-30 minutes. I know cops don't like it when you are fidgety, so I sat still and hardly moved the whole time I was waiting. He came back to the car and told me to roll up my window and step out; then he tells me he is bringing in a K9, since I refused the search and was acting suspicious. He starts asking me about school and everything, trying to small talk me while waiting on the K9 unit. When the K9 gets there, the K9 officer walks the dog around the van, while I'm next to the other cop waiting. I was getting pretty worried, wondering if I was going to end up going to jail... the K9 cop takes the dog back to his car, then comes back and starts asking why I didn't consent to the search and how people who refuse searches have something to hide. I told him I was just exercising my rights, the whole time not knowing if the dog signaled anything in the car or not. He ends up telling me the dog didn't find anything after a few minutes of more questions, and then the other officer wrote me my ticket.

I feel like he wanted to search my car initially because my eyes may have been a bit glossy from smoking the day before. He told me I was acting suspicious and that is why he was bringing the K9. Bullshit- I was acting so fucking normal the whole time! Anyways, I got lucky and have been slowing down when driving.... waiting for court on April 17th... :eek:[/quote]

Try to explain how inconvenient it was being searched, play your cards right etc. And you can get that ticket dropped for your trouble

18. yeah we have it too the super speeder law...if you're going over 80mph you can be arrested on the spot and get an extra 200$ fine

surprisingly I drive fast as hell on 85 and 285 and have yet to be stopped...just takes good senses and luck :smoke:

19. exercising your rights? when a cop asks to search your vehicle, and you say no, that gives he/she liable cause right there.

You have no rights in that situation. :(

It's people like you that make me beat my sister. :confused:

but really.

:mad: