Got pulled over by the police with a dubsack in the car...

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by blaziken, Mar 21, 2014.

1. So I'm driving home from my dealer's house, where he smoked me up with a full blunt of some $20/g bud. I'd bought a dub from him and was on the way home. While in the downtown section of my tiny backwoods town, I got pulled over for going 31mph in a 25mph zone. I had pulled into the gas station to get some rillos when the cop pulled in behind me. 

When we came to a stop, my roommate, who was in the car with me (I guess that makes him my carmate), suggested that I nut the bag. Since it was just a gram, and I was wearing briefs, the sack fit snugly under my sack. I got it in there just as the cop was coming up to the window. 

I rolled my window down all the way and was visibly shaking, almost tremors, from the massive adrenaline rush. I shakily handed over my license and registration while the cop asked me why I was so shaky. I tried saying it was cold (it really was) and that he'd scared the shit out of me by blaring his lights when I wasn't aware I'd been doing anything wrong. 

After a while he came back to the window and had me step out of the car. He called me back to his vehicle and asked how much marijuana had been smoked in the vehicle. Knowing for sure I reeked of bud, partially from the sack in my briefs but also because I was currently peaking my high (it'd been about 20 minutes since we smoked), I told him that I had smoked weed in a friend's home and was now driving home to my house, and that there was no marijuana or anything else in the vehicle. 

He asked me if I'd allow him to search my car, so I said no. He then made me tell a different, very fat, cop no, who then placed me under K-9 Detention "while they provisioned a drug dog". Then a drug dog hopped out of his car that he pulled up in. 

The dog walked past me without turning his head. When the fat cop opened my driver's side door the dog jumped in my car, giving him the right to search my vehicle without a warrant. 

While he was searching my car, which he did very thoroughly and professionally and without breaking anything, I was patted down by the original cop. Let me take a second to point out that the cop who originally pulled me over was someone I'd went to high school with, who at my age had already been promoted to the head of the Drug Task Force for my town because of his insanely high record of marijuana busts. He patted me up one leg, then down the other, gliding over my gooch, where the jackpot was. 

He then pat down my roommate while I took a sobriety test from a third officer. It'd been maybe one hour since I'd smoked at this point. I was in a light jacket and this was early February, so I was freezing my ass off. Before walking the straight line I made him give me five minutes to jump around the gas station parking lot, regaining the feeling in my legs. I put on a show of warming up and then walked the line perfectly fine. I then followed his flashlight with my eyes showing acceptable peripheral vision and then balanced on one foot while I counted to 100 thousands. I passed the sobriety test. 

The third police officer, that'd administered the test, then said that I was basically free to go, and that he could tell I'd smoked "a little bit" but that I was going to be fine. 

Then the original police officer met with the fat one, who told him he hadn't found anything in my vehicle. They decided to give it one more once over. 

They found the smallest possible roach you can ever imagine. It was a roach that'd been smoked down to the final hit really, and something I'd probably pocketed on the way home from a friend's house and then had fallen out of my car. I don't smoke in my vehicle, so it was definitely months old and less than half a GRAM, let alone half an ounce.

They gave me a ticket for my very first simple possession charge, a warning for the speed, and let me go on my own recognizance. 

The court date is on March 31st, in 10 days. I was never called by the cops when I said that I would be okay with receiving a phone call from them (obviously about ratting someone else out to drop my charge) and I didn't pursue a pre-trial diversion. I definitely do not have the upfront money for a lawyer and I was unable to find a lawyer that took payment plans. I have not yet looked into getting a public defender but I think it may be too late to do that. 

I ended up leaving and making it home with my dubsack, which was the most enjoyable smoke I've ever had ever. 

2. You had to count to one hundred thousand?

Jesus Christ.

3. Lol. I meant to say one one thousand, two one thousand, etc. up to 100. It did take fucking forever though. 

4. I may be wrong but I thought that it actually had to weigh something to be charged and a roach that small wouldn't weigh much more than air.
    The reason I say this is because I got pulled over once and had a few little crumbs on the floor and a tiny tiny peice of stem in the center console that I didn't even know was there and the cop was acting all hard ass about it and I was being a dick to him. He's like what's this and I said I donno and he's like I think it looks like weed and I said good for you can i be on my way I got places to be and your wasting my time. and he said word for word " your lucky it's to small of an amount to be charges with" did I just get lucky? I donno maybe it matters on the state. I'm in ohio

5. I asked the original cop if it didn't have to weigh a certain amount, and he said no. So he could've been lying, but he'd already read me my rights so I didn't say anything else about it. I have heard of it just being a fine if it's under a certain amount. 

6. With all the time put into this phony marijuana charge, those cops could have been watching traffic in a school zone or any other number of things. Instead this is what the tax dollars go to..shameful

That's come to mind as a strategy to use in court since I won't have a lawyer. Lol. I definitely held up three police officers, one with a K-9 dog, for well over two hours all said and done. I can't imagine they enjoyed paying all of them to do that. 

8. Glad to see you didn't get arrested. Also, I think you handled it well. I get the shakes as well when I'm nervous. Sad to hear about the waste of tax dollars though. 

9. #9 lFourTwenty, Mar 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2014

That is not going to work as a defense..if anything that will work against you.

Bringing up how much resources went into the case, and suggesting the state don't get anything in return? I honestly don't think that would be a good argument lol

You should at least consult with a lawyer..chances are they are going to tell you not to fight it so the judge will give you a break (probation, drug classes, etc.) That's how these things are handled most of the time.

10. I read an article about how to deal with police and it said to crack my window, I feel like if I'd done that I might've gotten away without him smelling anything. I didn't have anything to spray, but he got a full face load of the smell when I rolled my window the whole way down. 

I thought about bringing up that the amount was hardly a usable amount and that I was released on my own recognizance, but I'm really wanting to avoid probation altogether because I don't want to have to sweat the drug tests lol. 

11. #11 Kronny, Mar 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2014
    Get ahold of the public defender. They will be able to postpone your hearing to gather info. Also depending on the state penalties will vary.

Oh yeah and hopefully there wont be one but next time don't tell the officers that you have smoked before driving its a really easy way for them to charge you with DUI

12. well at least you didn't go to jail and still got to savor the smoke

I thought about that and I've had some friends I've told this story to say that as well, but I guess it'd be hard to charge me after me passing the sobriety test. 

Yeah I felt like the victor right up until the end when they slapped me with the charge, I was getting away scott free! lol.

14. Man you'll be good in court its just a fucking roach. Get a public defender to get it dismissed.

15. #15 Delightfully High, Mar 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2014
    Dude you're gonna snitch to save your own ass? That's not cool man.

16. God man you certainly did better than me and my friend, we were smoking a J in a fast food parking lot just before going in to get an appetite, and out of nowhere a cop opens my door, grabs my wrist of the hand with the joint in it, making the joint fly out of my hand and while he was doing this he stuck a taser in my friends face and threatened to tase him if he moved. found half a joint and a grinder, i was charged with both possessions and now on probo :(

17. Cruise control is your friend.

18. Damn lol.

I was only going to consider it if it resulted in a 100% drop of the charges and everything else. 

That's awful man, mine definitely could've been a lot worse lol. Worst case scenario would've been if they took me to jail over the roach and then found the bag of weed and charged me for trying to smuggle it into the jail. 

20. I mean I feel bad for you for getting fucked for a Roach until I read your last post.

You even consider whether to snitch getting caught with a Roach? Wow I feel bad for any of your dealers if you get busted for something more serious. Smh

Sent from my HTC One using Grasscity Forum mobile app