(Got Pics ) Need help an advice on droppey leafs

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by farmermandan, Apr 25, 2017.

1. IMG_1342.PNG Is it need bigger pots I need ? also laid off watering In Case over done it they picked back up and then done it again
    I flushed all nutrients out as maybe over fed in that way worked didn't water for 3 days after that they looked really good an then done it for the third or fourth time so bit confused now ?

2. Overwatered. If it we're rootbound it would be having nutrient issues and the "drooping" would be from the stem of the leaves rather than the leaves themselves.. if that makes sense.

3. Transplanting would be a good idea regardless of what's causing it btw

4. Ok so for sure it's just over watering then maybe I'm just putting to much water for the size of pots ?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. It's definitely watering to frequently. You can give those plants 5 gallons of water and they wouldn't show signs of being overwatered if you let them properly dry out. Just be more careful and let the pot dry out a bit more between waterings. Besides that they look just fine though.

Special Queen #1

https://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?threads/Attempt-#2--(Special-queen-#1).1432973/

6. You should water enough to have some start running out of the bottom of the pot.

Start lifting the pots just a little bit (don't let the plant hit the light.. we've all done it haha), most of us can tell when to water by the weight of the pot. Another way is to wait until the top inch or so of the soil is completely dry, but the accuracy of that varies in my opinion.

7. They're either over watered or rootbound.. likely both.. they need transplanting and you must let the top inch of soil be bone dry before next application.. 1 litre of water per Gallon of soil is a good ratio for feeds but these ladies will do well in 1-2 gal pots!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Ok thanks so if rootbound as well if I repot witch I was going to do anyways iv got 30 litre pots will they fix them selfs ?

9. Hm also some of the stems are curving down ? Ima just repot an water less and see what happens I suppose

10. #10 MrMJuana, Apr 25, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
    If you're in a 4x4 go with 4 plants; you can go with upto a 16-22Litre rhizo/smart pot. If you're gonna Veg for another additional 4+ weeks go with 20-22Litre pot.. if however you're vegging for under 2 weeks then go for 16-18Litre.. if you're doing only 1 or 2 plants then 20+litre is cool. A plant Takes a month to fill about a gallon of soil with extra roots on estimate. After week ~4 of flower roots slow growth significantly and almost stop around week 5! Buy some cheap Mycorrhizal grains/powder in a grow/gardeners shop or eBay and mix/amend with the new soil, you can get this for as little as £5-$7-8 won't get root bound!

11. Iv got 10 in a big tent they look even worst now so they've bin repotted an shall check again tomorrow [​IMG][​IMG]

12. #12 generic98547, Apr 26, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2017
    How'd the transplant go? And they are honestly looking thirsty now. When this stems sag down with dropping leaves that's what it tends to be

13. Hm really iv never had this happen lol I'm watering when 2 inches under is dry an some how I'm under an over watering how does that happen ? Fill like there gona end up dying on me

14. I'm sorry I can't be much help lol everyone's soil is different. I personally go 6-9 days until my plants need water but others would be dead long by then haha. You did water when you transplanted it right? And how long ago was the transplant and how much water roughly?

Special Queen #1

https://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?threads/Attempt-#2--(Special-queen-#1).1432973/

15. #15 MrMJuana, Apr 26, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2017
    If there is little root mass then it is quite easy to over feed brother! If there is to dry a soil it reflects firstly on lower leaves.. I always leave one or two Low leaves as an indicator for gradual dehydration. If you've damaged the roots slightly in transplant you get wilting for a few days.. superthrive is always a good additive for such situations as it provides the plant with good hormone for fast healing, shock and repair. Ur plants are under watered now but easily drown so perhaps give half the water feed instead until she can drink more .. make sure her temps are around 21-26c and humidity over 30.. preferably in the 50s for veg.. 30/40s in flower. How intense is your light by the way.. if you've changed light intensity then this could also be a cause.. just be sure to check ur ph meter/pen and have it calibrated always and do not give cold feeds as it shocks roots (under 15c or over 25c).. ladies love 21-23c feeds and good air flow..

They're not root-bound as far as I can tell as the plant mass doesn't reflect on such a root size!.. I'd say it's more bad aeration and possibly drainage in the medium contributing, try adding some Seaweed extract and feed at half dose of recommended by company!

*1watt of light = 1ppm of nutes

16. P.S definitely water the plant asap... if it is under watering it'll pop back up in hours at least from my experience and I have had slip ups around as bad as that but they are some hardy ass plants

Special Queen #1

17. Also.. don't go 2" deep.. only an inch deep of bone dryness suggests a need of water as a general rule of thumb. Do not flood ur medium.. try get a sprinkler type connection.. a cover with many small holes so it spreads more thinly and evenly.

18. Hmm maybe it's the cold water I'm feeding then? They've perked up a bit within 4 hours not fully though plus my temp atm is 76.8F and humidity is 43 %

19. Yh it went ok no problems and no didn't water straight after transfer I done that about 5 hours ago transplant was last night and around half a litre per pot