Got my ventilation done, what ya think?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by cdd10, Dec 6, 2013.

1. Well I got my ventilation done for my 39"x39"x79" tent got a 250 cfm inline fan exhausting to my attic. Got a passive intake with a fan blowing cool air into the tent from the room that the tent is in. Think that will be sufficient enough? I'm thinking of putting a small tower fan inside tent to get better circulation inside what ya think??

Attached Files:

2. Do you have a carbon filter setup?Sent from my MB865 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  3. No I don't man, I'm not really worried about the smell I am in the middle of nowhere and I don't really have many visitors as it is. I have my own house in the country Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Nice perk to being out in the boonies. How far along is your grow? Strains? Medium? Lights? EtcSent from my MB865 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Actually man I haven't even started I just got all this set up I wanted to make sure that I got all of it prepared right first I wanna get the temps right before I started. I have 400w digital ballast with a MH and have a hps bulb. Roots Organic original soil with some lime added in haven't check the pH of the soil yet but hear roots organic can burn seedlings and young plants. Got roots organic Buddha and bloom, trinity, and amino aide, and botanicare cal-mag. Agromax tent. Bluelab pH pen. Seven gallon pots with saucers and a wingmax reflector. I can put pics up real quick

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  6. I give you props for actually setting everything up first and tuning in the Environment. Any past experience growing either indoor or outdoor? I'm in week 5 of my 4th grow, also running only 400w. I'll be subbed to follow along Sent from my MB865 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. Great setup.
    Just try do not over fertilize. :) 

8. way to get everything in order first. can't wait to see it up and running

9. #9 Kubrick, Dec 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2013
    Very nice...have you tested the temps yet? I have one of those open air hoods with a 400 and it gets super hot even with ventilation. Thumbs up for making sure everything is right before you truly start, most are so excited they do it the other way aroundOh also, don't know what kinda vent holes you have on that tent, but you might wanna turn that socket around so the wire is facing up and run it out through the top. That way it isn't in the way at all and you can fully seal that door. Just thought I'd throw that out there but looks great regardless.

10. [quote name="Kubrick" post="19112810" timestamp="1386347278"]Very nice...have you tested the temps yet? I have one of those open air hoods with a 400 and it gets super hot even with ventilation. Thumbs up for making sure everything is right before you truly start, most are so excited they do it the other way aroundOh also, don't know what kinda vent holes you have on that tent, but you might wanna turn that socket around so the wire is facing up and run it out through the top. That way it isn't in the way at all and you can fully seal that door. Just thought I'd throw that out there but looks great regardless.[/quote]Yeah I tested the temps I had to open up another port hole but I placed the thermometer about 3/4 of way up the tent with the probe sitting about where my plants will be and it was reading 78!

11. [quote name="Kubrick" post="19112810" timestamp="1386347278"]Very nice...have you tested the temps yet? I have one of those open air hoods with a 400 and it gets super hot even with ventilation. Thumbs up for making sure everything is right before you truly start, most are so excited they do it the other way aroundOh also, don't know what kinda vent holes you have on that tent, but you might wanna turn that socket around so the wire is facing up and run it out through the top. That way it isn't in the way at all and you can fully seal that door. Just thought I'd throw that out there but looks great regardless.[/quote]I feel ya on the cord man, I'm gonna have to mount my surge protector to the wall or something Idk if it will reach if I put it out the top and I am definitely not using an extension cord with it lol

12. [quote name="MrPapageorgio" post="19112006" timestamp="1386327735"]I give you props for actually setting everything up first and tuning in the Environment. Any past experience growing either indoor or outdoor? I'm in week 5 of my 4th grow, also running only 400w. I'll be subbed to follow along Sent from my MB865 using Grasscity Forum mobile app[/quote]Well this is my first indoor grow and very limited outside too I grew one once about four years ago outside at my parents house and my mom killed it lol but now I'm on my own. I didn't have any problems getting that one to grow so maybe I do have a green thumb lol

13. [quote name="cdd10" post="19113227" timestamp="1386353271"]I feel ya on the cord man, I'm gonna have to mount my surge protector to the wall or something Idk if it will reach if I put it out the top and I am definitely not using an extension cord with it lol[/quote]Alright man I put the cord going out the top passive intake it worked good

14. [quote name="cdd10" post="19113227" timestamp="1386353271"]I feel ya on the cord man, I'm gonna have to mount my surge protector to the wall or something Idk if it will reach if I put it out the top and I am definitely not using an extension cord with it lol[/quote]If you had to use an extension cord...a 12 gauge cord is fine to use but anything gauge above that is a no no. Or you could just use the door to hold it out of the way using the high spot as there should be 2 zippers on there. Not a big deal anyway but it might get in the way when your babies start becoming monsters!

15. [quote name="Kubrick" post="19113336" timestamp="1386354555"]If you had to use an extension cord...a 12 gauge cord is fine to use but anything gauge above that is a no no. Or you could just use the door to hold it out of the way using the high spot as there should be 2 zippers on there. Not a big deal anyway but it might get in the way when your babies start becoming monsters![/quote]Yeah was thinking same thing I think this fixed it..

Attached Files:

16. Hahah yea just noticed your post right after I posted mine.

• Like Like x 1
  17. [quote name="Kubrick" post="19113347" timestamp="1386354727"]Hahah yea just noticed your post right after I posted mine.[/quote]Lol man I don't wanna go to work today I wanna stay home and fiddle around with the set up lol only got down to 66.4 degrees in the room last night and that was with a fan oscillating around the bedroom not too shabby

18. You really wont "need" the carbon filter until you start flowering the plants.  Up until they enter mid-bloom they only smell like house plants, not like pot.

• Like Like x 1