Got my Mom on our side.

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by Tangerine Laugh, Mar 11, 2010.

1. Great news!!. Two Days ago I asked my mom why she had a problem with cannabis. She gave me the whole rant thats posted on the anti-drug websites. I could hear it in her voice that she wasnt even sure that its true so i asked her if she was willing to watch a documentary with me, she said sure. Next day i show her The Union.

Within the first minute she starts asking me questions, good question, and she is already starting to see the lies that her generation was fed. Every time she had a question or i had something to add i would pause it and talk about it with her. The great thing was is that she was completely open minded to the movie. None of that "no thats not true" or "they just want an excuse to smoke".

Once we were done watching it she asked me if it would help her, as if she was willing to try it!! (just a question though not sure if she was totally serious). I told her it would help with her depression and pain (she had surgery on her bunion). I also told her that it helps me with my depression and anxiety and that it helped me through my grandpas death about a month and a half ago ( i wasnt using it to cover up pain but to think about death, the afterlife, his life and how many people admired him etc.) Basically i gave her all the facts and the lies so as to not be biased. Mainly is was that i asked her questions about what she thought cannabis does to the body and gave her scientific evidence that opened her eyes.

She has not completely crossed to our side but it is understandable since she has been thinking that those lies were true for so long. I am going to make an appointment with a doctor so that we can go talk about it more so that she has a professionals opinion. Slowly but surely she will see the truth. Oh and the first thing she said when we were done watching The Union was "do they have it in Spanish so I can show it to your dad". I was like :eek:, i wasnt planning on trying to bring my dad to the good side for a while, but my moms already trying to show him. I have great parents hahah. Just so you guys know i showed them the movie "The Corporation" and now they are seeing America for what it really is. Actually now that i think of it those two movies are great to show someone so they see that its all just big business and not in the intrest of the people.

P.S. Anybody from the Los Angeles area know a good doctor to go to for this subject?

2. congrats man i wish my moms woud be more understanding

3. my parents were hippies and smoked weed... so I don't have to even do any convincing..

4. holy shit! thats so awesome man! Congrats!

5. i guess its true that theres always someone better than you. lucky hhaha. i still love my rents though.

6. i had surgery on my bunion and smoked every day while i was recoving... despite ignoring the guidelines as far as not putting pressure etc. i recovered faster than expected... :rolleyes: i was so shocked

7. Thats fantastic. i will definantly show this to my mom later. thanks. nice signature as well

8. Good job. Fortunately my mom is in favor of legalization already, although I'm not sure about my dad

9. Cool thing dude. My parents are both pro-legalization, it's pretty cool :cool:. My dad even dropped acid back in the 70s a few times hehe. Think my mom shroomed once too as a teen. One thing I appreciate about them, they never fed me any bullshit about drugs. I guess they trusted me enough to make responsible decisions regarding drugs, and guess what I did!

10. This is almost the exact same way I got my mom to learn more about cannabis. Now she is a MMJ patient.

11. My dads a little more lenient on it, but is still against inotixcation across the board. He gets upset when he hears of my drinking. My mother is all for marijuana but against alcohol, even though she has a slight drinking problem herself -- she'd rather see me using marijuana than alcohol is what it comes down to. My mom doesn't really like to get high anymore though, I've smoked with her in the past and always seem to bring a bowl to smoke on the back porch when I stop by for visits.

12. Update!!! Both my rents are a-okay as long as i dont disrespect them like i used to as a teen (but that had nothing to do with weed), and i dont do it in front of them. I asked them if they would break my bong if i got one and they just said to keep it outa sight and keep it clean. They also said that if i think smoking will help me in life then they are all for it, which weed helps me with my depression and anxiety.

13. I envy you.

14. My mom blames weed every time I make the smallest mistake. One time she stood next to my door, and had a conversation with my brother half way across the house, yelling "I found out some new information about how bad marijuana is!" Then they had a yelling conversation that was designed for me to hear. Its gotten a bit better. I think she has come to terms with the fact that her son is a stoner and thats just the way it is.

15. I envy you.

16. #16 Tangerine Laugh, Mar 12, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2010
    Thanks guys and gals for all the support. I definintly feel a lot closer to my rents. I couldnt have done it without everyones input not just in this thread but all over the board. And for those of you trying to make your parents see the truth, keep on trying. I think i even convinced my parents to vote this November, with my sister that makes 4. :D

17. aw shieeett!!
    thats awesome news man, proper congrats are in order.

we taking ovaaa ....BEIITCHS!:p:smoke::smoking:

18. Oh and just yesterday my mom asked me if i could talk to some relatives of mine to change their minds and as well show them "The Union". Mainly because they really dont have a solid opinion on the subject. Meaning that right now they are against it because of the lies from the government, but they know that they arent getting all the facts...thats where i come in. Wish me luck because since i am mexican i can easily change about 50 minds. jk but around 10. that would make at least 14 votes this November with my family.

19. I love your quote so much, because it's so true.

Anyways on the topic, I flat out told my parents that I smoked. They didn't have a single problem with it. In fact, sometimes when I can't sleep at night my mom tells me directly to smoke a little to help me fall asleep. When I got some pot from my friend, I gave some to my dad to smoke. My dad was a stoner back in the 80s, so he's understanding.