Got my First supply of nutes today....

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by LS1KILR, Jan 3, 2008.

1. I found a hydro shop pretty closeby yesterday and I went today to get supplies. I didnt have that much money but I just have 1 sprout right now so I didnt need much. I picked up 1qt of GH FloraMicro and 1 bag of hydrotons. Im not sure if I need the FloraBloom yet or not? Man they had everything you could imagine in that shop for hydroponics. I couldnt believe how sophisticated some of the display vegetable setups were.

So I got back and mixed 1/4 teaspoon per gallon of nutes with 4 gallons of spring water. I checked the ph and it was about 5.8-6.0. Then I transplanted my sprout into the new basket filled with hydrotons. I was afraid that I may have killed the plant during the process, but it perked right back up. I cant believe it but, it seems like the plant has grown bigger in the last few hours since I put it in the nutrients! Maybe its just me but it looks like its growing by the minute! Is this normal with hydro? This is my first grow. I have about 60 watts of 6500k cfl's on it for the moment.

So is that all I need for the plant to grow during vegetation? Is there anything else I need to get from the hydro store? How long do you think until flowering? Its just now growing its second set of leaves.

2. there is three of those floramicro florabloom and flora (veg) dont know the exact name cant go downstairs and check it out the lights are off you need the veg one and the micro right now for veg and u need to take away the veg and use the bloom for flower but still use the micro hope this helps
    Lates Oh yeah just my opinion get some real bulbs fuck all this cfl bullshit it will be allright for 1 plant but i hate cfls they are a waste of fucking time no offence for anyone who uses them but thats just my opinion.

grow that bitch as a mother and take clones from it 1 plant is a waste of time ull see Lates again sorry for the grammer

3. yea there is the Floragrow too, but I was reading that it really isnt needed since the Floramicro already has everything needed? I actually have another plant that is in soil right now. In a few days im going to transplant it to a new bubble bucket. So I will have 2 plants growing. I know the cfl's are crap, but those hps lights are like almost $200 and I dont hvae that kind of money to sink into this grow. Plus I dont want to use alot of electricity in this apartment and attract unwanted attention. This grow is only for personal consumption. When I move to an apartment with a spare room or bigger closet, I will start growing alot more. So I think if I have about 200 watts of cfl's I should be fine. I hope to harvest about 80 grams or more. I may make some clones too. I just hope neither one of these plants are male...

4. well ok I looked on ebay and it looks like I can get a decent 400w HPS light setup for around $100. Thats not too bad I would end up spending that much on cfl's with half the light output. I may pick one up once my plants frow a bit more.

5. Dont worry about the electricity Bro ive run 10 1000 watters before and never got caught. I think the magic number is 6 1000 wattt but i do live in canada. The actual hydro companies dont really care too much unless u use tons and disrupt shit they are money hungry fucks. Anyway try and get that 400 bro it will be better my word oh and hang it horizontally if u end up getting it.
    About the nutes the micro is pretty much just your micro nutes bro use the microgrow my word trust me. Peace bro