Got my first job!

Discussion in 'General' started by justyn93, Jun 17, 2012.

1. I got a job through a staffing agency to cut PVC pipes with a band saw. It sounds pretty easy I work 7-330, mon-friday and get 9.50 an hour starting. Thats pretty good for a first job around where I live minimum wage is 7.25

2. Congratulations dude

3. Is it in a factory my friend does basically the same thing

4. Nice OP.

I got my first "real" job yesterday, at Burger King.

I used to work for my girlfriend's father, I'd clean apartment units after the tile was placed. During summer, with no AC. But it was all good because it paid $10 an hour.

5. thats a legit job, enjoy it, you wont want to go into a service industry job afterwards. trust me.

6. Sweet bro! :D

7. 80$ a day, thats very good for a first job! my parents actually dont want me to get a job, so that i can focus on school :)

8. congrats, now keep your job until you can upgrade. stable income is too awesome.

9. Thanks guys! I plan to probably go to school to be a residential electrician. They people at the staffing agency said they don't do DT's either.

10. yeah, they said a bunch of young people work there and its really laid back.

11. First day is going good, this is really easy

12. sweet man!! have fun making money!

13. You get a lot of PVC chips on your body?

14. Nice man. I should get one of those things you call "jobs" some day. But, until then... --> :bongin:

15. that shit is going to get real boring real fast. so do your best and always look for a promotion dude. better jobs, better pay. and congrats!

16. Congradulations! That's a sweet first job to have.

17. [quote name='"Rotten_Apple"']that shit is going to get real boring real fast. so do your best and always look for a promotion dude. better jobs, better pay. and congrats![/quote]

Yeah but I highly doubt McDonalds or some shit would be better and I'd get paid less

18. [quote name='"Blazed Bacon"']You get a lot of PVC chips on your body?[/quote]

Yeah haha