Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Got Legal Yesterday :D

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by TastyDank1916, Mar 20, 2014.

1. My friends and I were at Venice beach yesterday and we saw booths where you could see a doctor and get a license for medical marijuana. My friend paid the $120 for my 3 month license and card and I got $25 worth of Blue Dream and Afghan Haze at a local dispensary...... (I only fuck with Indica, Sativa trips me out too much)

Sure feels nice to be legal!

I have one question: on my ID card, they made a typo on the last letter of my name, instead of G it's a Y. My name is fortunately correct on my license though. Think it's a problem because of this typo? I didn't notice it until later when I was looking at it and freaked out, holy fuck the misspelled my last name!!!!

Thanks!

2. #2 Tree Of Life, Mar 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2014
    That's weird, usually they make sure the names are right before they print the card. I'm sure it'll be fine, but who knows, dispensaries might be like "What's this guy up to? Why is his name spelled differently?" I don't think they would really do much though. They'd probably just ask you why it's spelled that way and you could just tell them when you got the card that's how it was. Enjoy the card man!

3. im jealous that ya'll can go out and just buy it from a store...

4. Is it seriously that easy to get a card there? Crazy! Did you have to provide any medical records or anything?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. Weird its so easy...sounds like a scam, pay $120 and we will give you a med card, from our booth.  Maybe just me but sounds the same as getting a fake ID.  At least you can pick up at dispensaries now!  Good stuff.

isn't haze a sativa?

7. Blue Dream is Sativa dominant (its just not as cerebral as they usually are).

But nice dude, be awesome if Florida would be that easy when Medical passes in November, but theres no way it will be :/

8. You paid for a service and they gave you a card w/ the wrong name on it - even if it's just one letter.

Ask them to replace the card w/ the correct spelling

9. Careful now. I've heard of alot of people getting fraud cards from Venice. Those people would go to any dispensary outside of Venice and get denied because their recommendation was invalid.

Have you tried to use it anywhere else?

10. For some reason I thought you meant you were an illegal living here and finally got legal lmfao. Congrats tho

11. Hahahaha that's about as bad as a card by Skype doctor here in SD..first and foremost you got ripped off..$120 dollars for only 3 months?!?! When a true reputable place is 40-60 for a YEAR! Also Venice boardwalk "doctors" are a scam..but you probably know this that's why you went because they don't care if you truly have an illness or not to give you a card..your what's wrong with this

12. Get off your high horse and stop acting like weed is only for certain types of people.

13. These dispensaries probably don't give a shit about your license. The people working there are all stoners and know that this whole medical weed system is bullshit. California should just stop pretending it's for "serious medical patients" and legalize it, ending this whole wink-and-a-nod system between doctors who know it's harmless and patients who just want to smoke weed.

14. #14 TakeAHit04, Mar 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2014
    Wow man I'm sorry but you got ripped off. When I first got my card, I paid less than 100 for both the paper and the card and it was for a full year. Can't believe they got scams like that down south, especially 120 for 3 months only? Ouch man. On a good note though, congratulations and welcome to being legal.

15. #15 OneOfTheGoodOnes, Mar 21, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2014
    Blue Dream
    Santa Cruz Medical
    80% Sativa / 20% Indica
    Origins: D.J. Short's Blueberry x Santa Cruz Haze
    Flowering: 45-55 days
    Potency – THC 17%

http://www.kindgreenbuds.com/marijuana-strains/blue-dream/

Strain: Afghan Haze
    Breeder:

Mr. Nice
    indoor,
    outdoor,
    greenhouse
    Type:

mostly sativa
    Flowering:

~70 days
    http://en.seedfinder.eu/strain-info/Afghan_Haze/Mr_Nice_Seedbank

16. #16 tranceholic, Mar 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2014

go back to the dispensary and get your name corrected to avoid any trouble as it can prove your innocence in using medical marijuana but as other have mentioned, you might be scammed as for $120 should be a year not 3 months.

17. Update.....

I did use my papers today at the local dispensary and it worked! Got 50 of Diablo OG and Hindu Kush.

Fuck, is it possible to get another medical card when this expires? (High a/f right now btw)

fuck they said at the dispensary that both were indicas, they even said indica on the jars with the description ... so.I've been smoking sativa when I though I was smoking indica?

18. $120 for 3 months sounds like a fucking to me.

Id rather $120 extra on the electric bill every month. :D

19. Right on cheers mate. Welcome to the mmj club.

In WA they have a similar thing, If you have no paperwork some Dr. will give you a 6 month temporary card. You renew it twice and after the first year they do it annually, if they still believe your conditions allow for it.

20. $120 for 3 months? Yikes... I felt overcharged & I paid $80 for a year... would've been $60 but I optioned to have a physical ID card...