Got kicked outta my 3rd house...

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by SatanVEVO, Sep 29, 2011.

1. ...I'm 20 and never had a steady job... I had to move back in with my mom last year after not talking to her since I was 11... And she's bi-polar and been gettin crazy as fuck the past few months and finally kicked me out... I guess this is forcing me to get a real job, and I'm kinda glad about that, but god damn... I've been kicked outta three houses... Am I gonna be able to save up enough money to get a shitty apartment in a month or 2 do you think?

2. if you get a job youll have enough.....

3. you'll probly need a couple grand at least for a shitty apartment, for first months rent, last, and deposit.

But sometimes you can find places that dont require deposits, or give you a deal on first months rent or crap like that

4. Best bet would be to move into a friends house that's looking for a room mate, but if you're dedicated, shit man, the world is yours'

5. roomates are the quickest option. apartments arent cheap, well, unless you wanna live in a room with a toilet lol. but yeah, u gotta have a job to survive nowadays..

6. Grow some balls, get a job, and find some roommates.

Problem solved in a month or two.

7. Find a job and a roommate.
    Idk how it is over there but here its not THAT bad.

I know a few people who are looking for rommates, about $350 a month, no deposit, you get your own room and bathroom.
    But thats here.

Just giving you an example

8. I'm sorry to hear about your experiences with your mom. It sounds like she is too unstable to continue relying on for a safe place to live.

I am confident that if you channel your energy productively and find a job, then within a couple of months you will be able to afford a descent apartment. Maybe you will find a chill roommate and have a lot of good times ahead.

Even though the future seems uncertain right now try to remember that 20 is just the beginning. You can bust your ass all day and not be bone tired after, you can stay out late and still make it in to work the next day; youth provides a lot of advantages.

Goals are important. Right now you are faced with an immediate one; finding a job, and then a safe place to live.

But think long-term, too. When you have more money coming in, try to put some aside in a savings account. Maybe in the future you will even meet the right person, and you won't be thinking about having a ‘place to live' anymore, you will want a ‘home.' The difference between the two is often overlooked and taken for granted in our entitled society. Maybe you will be one of the lucky few who can truly appreciate it.

For now, focus on what you can do to better your situation. In addition to seeking a job, also consider where it may lead you. Ideally, think about something you might like to do as a career. Ask employers if there is room for advancement in whatever position you apply for. I'd suggest chain businesses, not small family-run places that will most likely fire you in favour of a relative sooner or later. If you can, try to get something with benefits – even if you have to work there for a little while before they kick in.

If things prove very tough in your area, then it might be that you need to try another location. That's the way things are right now for a lot of people. Don't be afraid to put yourself out there.

I wish you the best, bud.

9. Good luck man, that's really all I have to say.
    I got kicked out of home because of my drug use, and finding a job was scary!
    Very scary, I ended up getting cheap accomodation with this organization, they showed me really cheap houses.

I started from scratch and mostly focused on friends to get through the hard times, I ended up sleeping in an abondend house one night, next to some dead animals..

But once you get that job down, that's some really firm placement, finding a house is kinda hard though.

I couldn't imagine living with a roommate, that would be an EXTREMELY tough thing for me to do, as I'm a social-retard :p
    But yeah, get a house man!

I'm not really a social person, so asking friends was too far.
    But it'd be good if you could stay at a friends for say, a week or 2, get a job down.
    Get a place, and then the rest is all up to you!

Start living :)
    Say goodbye to childhood, which it sounds you're still living in.

10. Hey OP
    I'm from the 740 also
    :cool:

11. thanks for all the advice everyone! lol

12. Goodluck man I know a few people in your situation, but sadly they have not been kicked out yet.

13. I hope it all works out for you man! im in the process right now of tryin' to find a job, I just sent in an application.
    Peace &1Love

14. Job = money
    Money = apartment
    Apartment = bills
    Bills = responsibility
    Responsibilities = growing up
    Growing up = ^^^^
    Best of luck.

15. Good luck and keep your head held high.