Got in some fantastic legal trouble yesterday.

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by LosPollosHermanos93, Nov 10, 2013.

1. So yesterday morning at around 8 AM I decide to my usual wake n bake. (I wake n bake every weekend morning) but on my way back to my house I get stopped by cops blocking off an intersection. The cop talks to me and tells me to turn around at the next chance, but me being so freaked out just kept going straight then another cop stopped me as I heard the one I just passed say "stop that guy!" the second cop asks me if im okay and me being an idiot freaking out in nervousness just says "yeah im just trying to get back to meet my brother home asap." So eventually what happens is I get pulled over to the side where I am questioned and have to move my eyes back and fourth while cops are observing my pupils. Eventually they say we're going to search your car and the first thing I say is I do not give you permission to search my car, and one of the cops goes well it smells like marijuana and thats probable cause.

So I am forced out of the car, then patted down, and sit there while cops search my car. I'm 20 and 10 months and they found a bud light limearita in my trunk that my friend whose 21 had given me and they also found a little pill bottle that SMELLED like weed. Didn't even have weed in it. They called it "Drug paraphenillia" fucking nearly 600 dollar ticket for the paraphernilla and 100 for the underage possession of alcohol. What they DIDN'T find though thank god was my weed and pipe in a water bottle i had in my trunk which they DIDN'T open so I totally dodged the biggest bullet ever. The entire hour-hour and a half while they were searching me they kept trying to get me to admit where the weed was. The last thing one cop said to me was so if we go and tear this car down we won't find any weed? And I just replied no sir. So it ends and they let me go with the double ticket of paraphenillia (little pill bottle that had weed in it forever go so it smelled like weed but didn't have any at the time) and underage alcohol possession (limarita)

This entire situation happened in Texas.

What I'm wondering is: Is there anyway I can get this ticket expunged/removed/off my record?

What affects is this entire situation going to have on my future?

Who will be able to see this charge?

I'm seriously stressing out a ton right now so please, ANY input is welcome.

2. Oh and also. I explained the weed smell by saying I smoked earlier this morning out side my house and the smell was still on my cloths. Thank god I didn't get a DUI or anything.

3. So you're 20 and 10 months? Tough age. That's like 2 months before you're 21!

4. sorry to hear about that bro..

one thing I've learned from this site..if you get busted in Texas...that's really shitty kuz they really fuck you...

:(

5. #5 Ẅest Čoast, Nov 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2013
    All those questions can be answered by a lawyer. No one here will be able to give you accurate answers.

I really don't understand what caused you to freak out when a cop simply told you to turn around. He's giving you a pass, and instead of feeling relief, you freak out :confused_2:

6. this guys right man i know it's too late now but shit everyones always so jumpy around cops and it gets em in trouble. hopefully you can move past this incident without much of a problem good luck.

7. You're fine.  You got TICKETS; they didn't even arrest+book you.  Most likely you are looking at just the fine, maybe probation as a worst case scenario.  I'm pretty sure anyone who runs a background check on you can see the record.

If you want any chance of getting the charges dropped/reduced then talk to a lawyer.  But they are drug/alcohol-related offenses and you don't really have anything the government wants from you, so I wouldn't get your hopes up for a plea deal.

The charges are misdemeanors so I wouldn't worry too much about it impacting your future.  Depending on your career path there may be some exceptions, but in most cases this won't even come up.

8. $600 for a bottle that smelt of weed? cant you appeal and take it to court? i dunno about in the usa but in the uk the judge would laugh the cop out of court.

9. Talk to a lawyer about your 4 amendment. they didn't have a judge signed search warrant. Any respectable judge would drop charges based solely on that.

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Probable cause... They do not need a search warrant.... 

11. Your initial reaction to the police presence was an epic fail of epic proportions!

12. Seriously who keeps going forward when q.cop tells you to turn around, and go the other way.

13. #13 himan235, Nov 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2013
    OP, Your a fuckin idiot - BTW This is BY FAR the dumbest story I and probably everyone on here has ever heard. WHY WHY WHY in the fuck did you even talk to the police in the first place! FUCK THE POLICE. NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER talk to the pigs not even to say Hi. 
    You shoulda been gone before the cop could even make out the color of your car. You should tell you dad so he can whoop you ass for being such an idiot
    OP, so  we'll expect you to wake n bake next weekend then go for another drive? 

14. well first off your an idiot for driving foward when a cop told you to turn around with out any suspicion...... what the fuck where you thinking? LOL. secondly there is a good chance you can get your shit reduced or sealed if you go to court, ive had multiple MIPs (underage drinking) and they aways got sealed once i did my comminity service and alch class, although im in boulder CO and in college so may be different, but really dude, what the fuck where you thinking to keep going when a cop told you not to? hahahahaha totally your own  fault. 

15. Fuck texas! No offense about your place of residence but they really fuck you over for weed. Man whens this shit gonna be legal?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. you our right cause everyone smokes the herb in the uk

17. I dunno about everyone, still a minority but there are a fuck load of us uk tokers!

You don't need a search warrant to search a car due to the nature of it being a potential moveable crime scene, just probable cause (i.e. smelling cannabis), warrants only apply to a house

19. Read the 4th amendment again. it applies to you and any if your property or belongings.

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

20.  the cops arent supposed to shove their hand into your pants either without a warrant but I only seen this 1 or 2 times when the cop wasnt an asshole but as usual anything and everything to a cop is contraband even if it turns out it aint