got hacked and need help

Discussion in 'Silicon (v)Alley' started by Sexyback, Jun 20, 2011.

1. #1 Sexyback, Jun 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2011
    So my girlfriend's exboyfriend is quite psychotic and has threatened to ruin her life on several occasions. A few days ago he somehow hacked into her 3 email addresses, facebook, and tumblr.

What can i do? He has changed her security questions to things about who ruined his life and who's a bitch. I'd like a techies expertise.

feel free to message me

2. Well to answer who ruined his life and who's a bitch, try using her name?

As far as I know your only hope would be to hack back into the account (do what he did, most likely guessed her password. Lol). Or contact the site admins. They should listen to the story and help out. If they are good at their job they most likely know how to manual modify database info to get her account back.

But still, your grabbing at straws. They don't recommend you use secure and random passwords for no reason.

3. Threaten to take him to court if it persists.
    Easy.

4. tried that didn't work.

5. Then actually go through with it.
    Call the police on him and tell them you want a restraint on him and that he keeps harassing you.

I did that to a big guy that harassed me after I fired him from work, I never heard from him again.

Cops WILL physically go to his house, believe me, he will stop lol.

6. I doubt this has anything to do with actual hacking. This is more than likely social engineering basically meaning, he guessed the password, already knew the password, or was able to answer her recovery questions. Not a difficult thing to do if you knew someone even for only a little bit. And many people only use a few if not just one password for all their accounts... one password to rule them all. lol

I would imagine it wouldn't be too hard for them to compare login IP's to see that all the password changing activity etc took place from a different place physically than the typical login. Most large sites have a place to contact support and that is what she should do because they will give a much better response than random people from a board based on MJ....

7. :/ maybe they have an open wifi connection and he parked outside and firesheeped em.

8. Probably knew her passwords from before. Unless he is the techie type, I don't think he would be capable of "hacking" her accounts.