Got drunk and wound up in jail

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by tripper157, May 3, 2010.

1. This happened to me about a three weeks ago. I was visiting my friend who went to school in upstate NY. We started off the night by pre-gaming at his place. I prob drank about 5-7 shots. Then we went off to a frat party where I drank some more. Unfortunately, it got broken up pretty fast and so we went to one of the local bars. I am 20 and used my fake to get in, with no prob.

At the bar, I put my credit card on tap and started ordering shots for us and cute girls here and there. The shots were pretty cheap so I didn't mind too much, plus I was in a good mood. I wound up hooking up with a random chick on the dance floor.

At this point, I kinda start to loose my memory. I remember drinking some more and just having a good time. My next memory is somehow winding up outside the bar. I remember trying to get back in cause my friend was still inside and my phone was dead, but for some reason the bouncers wouldn't let me. I also remember one of the bouncers being a complete dickhead. Somehow I wound up fighting him and before I knew it I was in a cop car. I know this leaves a lot of holes in the story, but its all i remember.

Once, I was in the police car, I guess the seriousness of the situation sobered me up cause I remember everything. They took me down to the station handcuffed me to a pole for 2 hours, while they processed me. Then they drove me to the hospital (I didn't want to go, but they wouldn't give me a choice) I had to spend 3 hours at the hospital just laying there cause they thought I was "dangerously intoxicated". Finally, I convinced them to let me go.

Here's the funny part. The police report said that I got kicked out of the bar for fighting and then i ran up and punched a bouncer in the back of his head. Then I was arrested. However, I know this has to be false. I would never fight someone unless I was seriously provoked no matter how drunk I am.

I was charged with criminal possession of for a forged instrument 3rd degree (fake id) and disorderly conduct. Has anyone had experience with this? I am a little worried, cause I don't want to pay a heavy fine or do community service. I don't wanna get a lawyer either cause I really can't afford it.

Moral of the story: don't be a dumbass like me

2. You sure are going to be paying a fine, and yes you will have community service. Here in florida you can also pay off community service for $7 per hour.

So yes, you will be paying money to get out of the jam, whenever you are arrested, money comes out of your wallet.

3. Wunschshrek nailed it right on the head.

You were blackout... you do not know this to be false. It takes a lot for the LEOs to take someone to the hospital as opposed to just throwing them in the tank and checking every 15 minutes. You must have been pretty wasted.

4. is that a felony? (the fake id)

5. ahh the good ol drunk tank, sobers most people up pretty good

6. More proof that weed > alcohol.

7. I mean I was drunk, but not dangerously drunk. I've been drinking since i was 12 so I know how to drink more or less. There is a little bit more to the story, that I left out. Once I was in the police station, the pigs handcuffed me to a pole for like 2 hours. So I started screaming that this is abuse; it was freezing and I had to take a piss. Plus' I am clearly not a criminal and not going to make a break from the police station. I think me screaming for an hour, had a lot to do with getting taken to the hospital. They just didn't wanna deal with me anymore lol.

To the person that asked if its a felony. The answer is no. Its a 1st degree misdeamenor