Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Got Caught, What now?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by soysauce man, Jun 27, 2012.

1. Hey Grass-city, not sure if this is the right spot to ask this but I recently got caught with less than 1/8 of weed and a small pipe by the police, and i'm not sure what to do next. Ive been given a court date in a couple of weeks and dont know if I should get a lawyer or not? The police officer told me that i'll most likely get a conditional discharge, and no fine, but I don't really believe him.

At the court date, should i plead guilty or not, and do I need a lawyer? Also, if it makes any difference I live in New Jersey and have no prior record with the police.

Thanks for the help.

2. Is it decriminalized over there? Or is medical legal there? If so here usually a lot less strict. Over here in round rock you'd get 2-4 months D:

3. Def go out and get a lawyer.

4. its not decriminalized, but there is medical.

ok thanks toker

5. Fuck court don't go to that shit!

6. i thought if it was medical then it has to be decriminalized so they can have dispensaries? i could be wrong, thats just what i thought. dont pay for a lawyer, just get one from the state. it will most likely just be a slap on the wrist.

7. Plead guilty, the court almost always favors the lawyer unless additional conditions apply.. yes go get a lawyer. 1/8 isn't terrible to be caught with, but it still is alot of trouble. I expect you should get probation or somthing.. the court deals with weed alot, 1/8 almost most definetly won't land you in jail.

Be careful next time!

8. [quote name='"soysauce man"']but there is medical.
    [/quote]

I would just roll one.

9. /thread :smoking:

Attached Files:

10. [quote name='"TokingOwl"']

I would just roll one.[/quote]

agreed.

11. ouch i got probo for a non marijuana related issue in nj and if you get probation its a pretty shitty year youve got ahead of you. definitely get a public defender at least otherwise its unlikely that youll get a conditional discharge. i know people who have gotten it. if you are a minor it will be a lot easier. smoke as much as you can now though because you wont have the chance to for a while (just dont get caught again before the court date or youll be fucked). and seriously dont smoke on probation. its not even close to worth it to be paranoid all month wondering whether or not youll pass (and if you dont thats a very bad thing... trust me) new jersey is a shit show and just about everyone i know got probation who got busted.

12. i know someone in nj who had a roach and got probo for a year. nj is really lame when it comes to pot.

13. Blow up the police department's evidence room and when going to court ask to see the evidence and when they can't provide any you will just have to tell them "well then, case closed- no evidence against me and I sure as hell ain't claiming that charge suckas:yay: "

14. It depends on the situation, were you caught red handed? You might be eligible for some sort of first offender program. I suppose you could go get a lawyer but if you were caught point blank you might just be shelling out more money man.

15. So how did you get caught?

16. [quote name='"ToKKin"']

i know someone in nj who had a roach and got probo for a year. nj is really lame when it comes to pot.[/quote]

They recently passed an mj law I believe

17. If you don't know what to do, get a lawyer.

18. you should get a lawyer. they can get you the lowest punishment possible and he will tell you what to do.

I got arrested in nj also when i was a minor but i just never got a court date which they said would be mailed