Got caught at school today

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by motion, Dec 16, 2005.

1. I just want to clear this up before I explain the story: I know that half the stuff I did today was not so bright.

It started out in lunch, me and my friend kelsi were waiting at our table at the very beginning of lunch waiting for everyone. As we were talking, she tells me she has cigarettes. I dont know, because im only an occasional smoker, but it sounded really good at the time. We walk to the park that is on the other side of the school (1. Doesn't belong to the school 2. We are on a closed-campus so this is against the rules). As we walk there we both know that smoking in the park wouldnt be a good idea, so we go a couple streets down from the park (park is connected to a neighborhood aswell as the school). When we are done, I tell her that im going to go our friends house for the remainder of the day. She cant miss anymore school so she asks me to hold her cigarettes until later, and I take them. We finish our cigs, and walk down the street, and see the school security guard. We begin to panic, but hold ourselves together. We walk past him and he says nothing. We figure that he knows we are seniors (some seniors, come and go during the day b/c they dont have all the periods that everyone else does). I look back, and he is not looking so I throw my cigs into a bush that is nearby just incase.

As we get back to the school, another security guard is waiting for us, and she is talking on the radio with the one that saw us and I know were fucked. She takes us to the office on the kart. I know that is standard operating proceedure (SP?) for them to immedatily search us, so I think I home free, for anything on me anyways. When I am sitting in the office waiting to be called the principals office, I relize that I have some stems and seeds in ziplock bag in my backpack. Since, I am right by the trash can I throw them away. Kelsi is called in first, and about 10 minutes later I am called in.

I explain to them the story that me and kelsi made up on the way back to school. "We were just going a friends house because kelsi left her binder over there this morning" since kelsi has expain to them the same story, they buy it. The next question they ask me is if I had done anything at all on the way back from the house. I tell them no, and she shows me the pack of cigarettes that I had thrown into the bush. My punishment is 20 hours community service and a referal to the office

I admit to possessing them and I am searched (find nothing), and they send me to the nurse's because they do not trust that I haven't smoked anything else. I go to the nurses and pass their examantion. I am sent back to the office and when I get there I see kelsi in tears. I learn that they found some shake on her and a pocket knife, and she is expelled.

I Haven't talked to her yet, but this sucks. She has been caught for almost everything "bad" that she has done lately, and her parents really think that she is fucking up her life, so I dont think I will be seeing alot of her.

BTW - If you read this all.. I <3 you.

2. That sucks man. Good thing for me, I was 18 my senior year.

But it's legal to posess cigs if you are eighteen, so why did you ditch them and why did the principle give you shit about it?

3. Not allowed to posess on campus even if you are 18.

4. That sucks pretty bad man.

5. Seems like you were worrying about the cigs more than the damn stems and seeds... and why would u just have stems and seeds why didnt u ditch that to beggin with(also by law stems and seeds arent illegal its not a controlled amount or a controlled drug, but then again the law sucks). Also why does ur school care so much about cigs to give u 20 hrs community service, if that happened here (in NC u can posses, but not buy cigs when u are 16, of course i live in the same state as RJR tobacco company) they would give u like 3 days in school suspension. but pot and a pocket knife might get u suspended for a long time, maybe but prolly not expelled

6. I didnt know I had the stems on me until it was almost too late.

7. Man, thats too bad, but you should have just kept the cigs. At my private school, all you get is a saturday school and a ticket if under 18. If you are over then you just get a sat. school.

8. that sucks man, can she appeal the expultion?

9. At my old school I think you got a $25 fine if you were over 18.

10. Damn you guys are so fucking lucky. I feel like a murdered someone.

11. im guessing ur in high school. in my high school any kid could have cigs. they even had a "smoking corner" where you could smoke. but then again my whole school is druggies.

12. where in NC are you
    its the same rules at my school

13. Um, the last time I was at my high school I sparked a blunt as soon as I left the building...I was walking through the parking lot and an administrator came up to me and pointed to the street saying "You should have waited until you got over there; smoking isn't allowed on-campus." I wasn't a student anymore, so I wasn't too worried. I said "Oh, sorry," and kept on walkin' and puffin' on my blunt.

Half-right, half-wrong.

Under federal law, the Controlled Substances Act, stems or 'stalks' as they are called are not illegal. Under the CSA, seeds ARE considered marijuana and are therefore illegal, unless they are sterilized (made incapable of germination).

Your state laws may differ, though, so stems may be illegal anyway.

He doesn't mean that. He's thinking what I'm thinking. Why do you keep all your stems and seeds in a bag? Why not just throw them out?

Anyway, that really sucks for your friend, but there are risks involved in bringing a knife to school. I did it on accident all the time (would just forget it was clipped on my pocket), but I would've been ready to accept the consequences (expulsion) if I ever got caught.

14. high school is a bitch man, sorry to hear that happened to you and your friend.

15. We were smoking inside of my buddys house one day and I didnt wanna just throw them on his carpet. So, being the lazy stoner I am...I put them in a bag and put them in my backpack (had it on me to carry my bong around), and forgot about them.

16. Ah, ok, makes sense now.

17. It's kinda her fault... if she had any brains she woudn't have brought either to school or at least the knife...

at the worst on the way back she could have stuffed the shake bag right down in her panties...they can't forcefully search her to that degree unless they wanna be sued for sexual harassment if not child abuse

18. Damn that is a harsh fucking punishment. My little brother's friend is in 8th grade and he got caught with ciggs at school, all he got was a $30 citation.

19. I dont think she knew she even had bud on her, because when were chillin we both agreed that bud would be nice.

20. all for the best then? if she could forget such a thing she was probably smoking too much