got caught at school; need some insight..

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by johnnycool, Jan 23, 2009.

1. #1 johnnycool, Jan 23, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2009
    on the first day of school, me, my homeboy and a few other people decide to match and smoke in my homeboys dorm room bathroom (dumb idea, i know).. LONG story short, after we got done campus police raided the room, killed all of our buzzes, took our information and dipped. all we got were CTW (criminal trespass warrants), which basically means that im banned from the dorms and will be arrested if they catch me there again.

that was about 3 weeks ago.

but today, i just got a letter that says i have to meet with the Dean of Students Designee/Judicial Affairs Officer to "review the charges against you and your due process rights. Failure to do so may result in my proceeding with the case without you and a hold being placed on your registration and transcript."

what the fuck? i thought this shit was over.. i was straight with a CTW but it looks like imma have more shit coming my way.. does anybody know what is gonna happen next? my schools code of conduct says that i may be suspended, on probation or expelled. i really fucking hope its not the first or last one. does anybody know exactly how i should go about this?

2. all i can tell you is to go to the meeting and see what its about. I don't think you'll receive anything more than a a suspension/ probation. You guys didn't have a car to blaze in?

3. I don't know where you go to college, but I suggest you just tell them what happened and stress that it was a dumb thing to do. Most deans understand college kids smoke pot, and aren't going to severely punish you for it, but who knows. They might be out to make an example, so I would just hope for the best and take life as it comes.

4. yea im gonna put on my best behavior when i meet him.. hopefully ill only be put on probation or less..

and i go to gsu (georgia state uni), which isnt really a big prestigious college so im guessing they arent gonna punish me severely to "set an example"

has anybody else been caught at their schools who have experiences to share?

5. if i go by what i "learned" in school: tell 'em what they want to hear; (if you did anything "wrong" then) deny it to the end

if i go by what i learned since stabilizing in myself: don't worry about judgments of others; be proud of who you are. if one door should close then others certainly open

hth!

6. just act mature, tell them the truth. Let them see the good kid inside of you and show them you are a mature adult and you are sorry.

7. I got busted and ended up getting thrown out for a semester. My schools was a catholic college so hopefully your school is a bit more lenient.