Got busted

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by x8675309z, Feb 28, 2009.

1. So a chick I smoke with on a regular basis calls me up the other night to hit a couple joints. Her and my best friend went in on a qp and we had atleast a half ounce on us to chill and roll with.

Its about 12:30 in the morning and we roll to this motel 6 ive partied at a few times before, so we can break and roll the shit we had. So we park on the far side of the motel 6 next to a truck. About 10 minutes after we are there she yells oh shit theres a cop and I see her flip the tray of weed from her lap onto the carpet of my car.

I turn and look at the cop just chilling in the road 10 feet from us, I instantly try to think of a story as to why we are there, I tell her to jump on her phone so we can say we stopped to ask for directions to a friends house. All of a sudden the cop rolls past and I think omg hes leaving. About 10 seconds later I see him reverse it and park with his light on us. He gets out of the car and comes up to us.

He asks what we are doing and I stick to the plan and tell him we just were calling a friend for directions. He doesnt buy my story and asks me to step out of the car. So he takes me to the back and starts questioning me, I tell him there is nothing in the car two or three times. He tells me I have one chance to confess before he makes it worse than it has to be. I realize he is going to search the car no matter what and there is atleast an 1/8th on my car floor from her tipping the tray so I just admit to having the weed. So he sits me down and pulls her out and asks the same questions.

I try to get her attention to tell her just to tell the truth. Well she keeps telling him there is nothing in the car and he says "Well then why is there weed in the car" she starts crying instantly and he sits her down. He goes to the car and grabs our sack and searches for any more in there. So he doesnt find anything else and comes back over and asks us what we think is a fair punishment.

Of course we say we dont know, and he suggests we just call our parents. Well she says her phone is dead and I say my dad doesnt have a phone in his room so probably wont answer. He runs our names and sees we have no warrants, then he takes the weed dumps it out and smears it all over the sidewalk. He then tells us to get in our car and go home. Well we are kind of freaked out and she starts to say crazy things like im never going to smoke again, I was like fuck that nothing happened to me im definietly smoking again. She starts to come to her senses and realizes he left the papers in the car.

So we decide to go park at my house and scrape the 1/8th we had off the carpet and rolled a joint a blew that shit about 15 minutes after being let go by a cop.

All in all we got out of going to jail and some big tickets, we did lose about $30 of weed though lol.

2. At least you lost $30 instead of getting a court date and a bunch of penalties imposed on you... When I got busted by the cops in Seattle they let me go, and between three people we had a 1/4 of dank confiscated and a pack of swisher sweets... :(

Damn pigs

3. The story started out so well and I seriously thought to myself that you knew what you were doing around cops but then it took a nose dive.

The biggest problem is the section I quoted. You were doing the right thing when he pulled you out and initially started questioning you. You deny it because, unless he saw the weed on the floor, he can't prove a damn thing at that moment. The moment he said he could make it worse for you is where you completely crumbled and gave away two of the most important rights you have!

Unless that cop directly saw the weed on the floor or saw you smoking or whatnot, he can't legally search your car without your permission. By admitting to having the weed because you think he'll spare you, you gave that up to him.

I would go on about how it would have been illegal for him to search you directly or any of your stuff but at that point in the chain of events you already gave up those rights by admitting to the crime.

Anyway, next time when you get out the car, lock the door and if he asks to search you/the car/your bag then you tell him: "No officer, I don't consent to a search of my person/belongings/or car." And continue to stick to your story while asking him if you were free to go and head home for the night. It's likely had you not buckled under his threats, you wouldn't have lost anything.

But don't take any of this as an offense, I'm just trying to inform of your right so this doesn't happen to you again in the future.

4. Im not entirely sure but i think here (washington) its different. They can search your car if they have suspicion or somethin. And i guess some kids sittin in a car in a hotel parking lot could be pretty suspicious.

5. "I don't consent to any searches" ? if they don't have probable cause they cant search you...

6. But probable cause can be anything. They don't need anything concrete. In court its your word against the huge black cock of the law. The huge cock will fuck you one way or another.

7. My dad is a cop so I always hear stories about how cops have plenty of laws at their disposal to fuck you if you don't cooperate. So I figured my best chance was to just confess before it got a little more serious.

Thanks for the advice though, ill think of that if this happens again!

8. Your dad is right. If you make their job any harder for them, they WILL fuck you one way or another. Only the most committed and clever will actually get away.

9. There are alot of Washington smokers haha (I'm one to)

10. your girl almost lost her mind over nothing man, is she on that other shit! jk

11. That's shitty man, I'm glad I live in Canada.