Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Got busted with paraphenalia...

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Fatpride111, Jan 13, 2010.

1. Well, I got pulled over last night, and got searched. Cops found an empty grinder, pipe, and about 1/10th of a gram of reg (i just finished smoking everything, it was just powder resin from the dime). I got a ticket for paraphenalia, and they took all my stuff.

What would be the best way to get the fines reduced, or maybe dropped on this ticket and off my record (<- more importantly). I was told that in SC they have a rehab type of program that pretty much drops the charges for possession. Im in DFW, Texas, and I couldnt find any info. on that.

This is my first offence and dont really know a way to deal with it other than paying for it, because I couldnt afford the lawyer that wanted $3500 up front to deal with the case. I cant afford that, or I would just go pay the ticket.

My friend got caught in the city right up the street, and paid $400 for his ticket. Any advice on what I can do at this point? Im job hunting, and soon Ill be entering college, and I dont want it on my record, as I know they look down on that shit, and could hurt my chances at getting a job/college.

2. Never go for a lawyer that wants an up front payment, look around for one that offers a "if you don't win, you don't pay" kinda thing, they're usually the ones who won't screw you.

That's the only advice I can give for this particular thread.

3. I looked in Yellowpages for a lawyer in that city, but since its so small (pop.7,000) no one delt with cases like that unless I paid them a shit ton of cash first.

4. I'm a little confused...you say you're in DFW, I see you mentioned SC though...did you get busted there or in DFW? Cause if it was in DFW you could find a good lawyer who wouldn't charge like that most likely.

5. I got busted in DFW, I just know someone in SC who told me to look into the rehab classes because up there, apperantly you can get the charges dismissed if you have proof of attending those classes.

6. lol, they won't send you to SC for being busted in DFW man. Look up some more lawyers around DFW I am pretty damn positive you will find one who will help you out for a lot less than 3500 dollars.