got busted, need help

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by PhelpsFan1, Feb 15, 2009.

1. Yea, dont do this. If you have trouble finding work HERE wait until you leave the country.

Not to mention the guy doesn't have money for a plain ticket, and he is probably on probation so he cant leave without passport being flagged...

2. Or for him steal shit and sell it on ebay. hundred percent profit, lots of jail time. its the best!

3. HAHAHAHA. Definately sounds like something hed do.

4. Why are so many of you talking shit to this guy. Yea he made some mistakes, but who the fuck hasn't? The guy seems like he's taking responsibility, and trying to turn his life around. You people talking down to him are the real ignorant motherfuckers.

5. Because they're self righteous tbh. That's ok though, I have to deal with it every single day from people I know who used to look up to me and now are disappointed, especially my parents.

I fucked up. Everyone's surprised that I'm the one who did this to myself, I'm smarter than that. "You had so much potential, it'll be ok eventually tho" is what I hear every day.

Thanks for stickin up for me I suppose but it's not necessary.

Everyone fucks up in their lives, some get caught, some don't, either way we have to learn or never grow as a person. I'm taking solace in the fact that what's done is done, and that I won't do this to myself again and will just move forward to do what I want with my life.

6. I'm assuming that guy was mildly sarcastic...or high and giggling lol.

7. Ok, call me crazy but so far this guy has gotten busted for drugs, stole a bunch of shit and didn't get caught, stole more shit and did get caught.....and he has tried to "fix things" over and over again but never seems to stick with it. To me, that reeks of him either being the biggest dumbass in the world or being a psychopath.
    I can see why u would want to stick up 4 him but he has proven himself unworthy of respect. Besides, it doesnt appear that he is trying to turn things around. He is on this site asking advice for growing. I know what this site is for but honestly, after all this, why dont u quit doing things that are illegal?

8. I'm not gonna be the one growing, it's a friend of mine, he needed advice.
    But I agree, I was a fucking idiot to keep doing illegal shit. I was just angry at life in general and felt like I was "owed" the money the government was fining me for.

Now I go to a therapist instead and deal with my frustrations that way. I don't smoke or do anything illegal anymore. If I don't quit doing stupid shit I will go to prison, it's not worth it.

But I am going to try and get involved with norml and do some activism in my state, that's not illegal. I can't complain about the original injustice of getting arrested for weed in college if I don't do something about it. That's the only right I have ass of right now.

9. You seem like you're on the right track, don't know why you need help from gc.

10. Was just wantin ideas about work, not how to stay out of trouble.

11. So what if that's what he's done? We all make mistakes, and especially around the age he did. I made a lot of bad decisions when i was 16-17, and did a lot of pointless rebellious shit.

And you ask why i'm sticking up for him? Because i guarantee you at least 90% of you guys pointing the finger, are not angles and have fucked up before in your lifetime, and probably will many more times.

This kid is working hard, trying to turn his life around, working, and going to school. I don't know about any of you, but that's enough to earn my respect.
    I'm sure most of you have in some way or form stolen something before, or done something just as bad. I get sick of all these ignorant people thinking they are so much better than everyone else.

Shit i'm only 19 now, and i have matured a lot since i was 16-17, but i still make immature mistakes and decisiounds sometimes. It takes a while to mature, so stop hating because NO ONE is truely innocent.

12. I understand where you are coming from but screwing up once and fixing things is one thing. However, this appears to be a pattern with this kid. He worked 80 hrs a wk to fix his first mistake, then goes out and steals stuff. He says he thought the gov owed him!? I say karma bit him in the ass for stealing 25000 worth of shit in the first place. Even if marijuana was legalized, he has got more than his "fair" share of what the gov "owes" him. Everyone does deserve second chances, I support that: look at my screen name. This said, people who repeatedly make stupid, self-destructive choices need therapy (kudos to u for trying to get help) but in all reality, past behavior indicates that this kid will dig himself a bigger hole next time around. I am not a self-righteous person, just someone who studies people's behavior. There's nothing wrong with respecting him, and I didn't mean to say that you cant. I simply implied that sticking up for a person when you do not have all the necessary information to defend him is ignorant as well. Also, who's to say that is even being honest in this forum? The word manipulation comes to mind....