Got busted for possession and paraphernalia. Advice?

Discussion in 'General' started by Two Scoops, Sep 30, 2017.

1. Well, looks like my smoking has caught up with me in a bad way. Was up the street from my house hotboxing and the cops decided to investigate a parked car by a business. Apparently there’s been tons of break ins lately, I live in a pretty sketchy part of town.
    Anyway long story short, they smell weed, see my stash, and take me downtown. Didn’t get cuffed or anything, and honestly they were surprisingly cool. But I knew I was fucked so it wasn’t any point in lying or giving them a hard time.
    So, I talked to my lawyer and she knows the judge and public attorney who worked under her so maybe I can get off with a fine instead of prison. But I’m still scared that I might have to serve some time which fucks me in regards to school. Anyone with experience on this or any advice?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. So without knowing how much you had or what you told the cops or if you've ever had any offenses before, I can tell you that the best thing for you to do if you're in school and you're young is to go to your court date on time dressed as nice as you can. Not like a suit, but a button down shirt with a tie and khakis and tuck your shirt in shave and all that shit. Also sometimes it helps to bring your transcripts if you make good grades and show the judge that you're not a dumb ass. If you're in some after school shit like debate club or some sport let him know that too so they don't think you just blaze all the time. But if you were like me you probably didnt do any of that shit lol.

If your parents know, then have them come with you so the judge can see that your parents give a shit about you and let the judge know that you know you made a mistake and it's against the law and you understand that your actions could severely mess up your chances for success in life and you've been scared straight and you won't do it again.

Typically if the judge is having a good day and you come correct into the courtroom and tell the truth and “yes sir” and “your honor” they won't be too rough on you for your first offense. If the judge seems to be in a pissy mood that day maybe throw in that you would be more than willing to do community service to pay for your offense and to serve your community. Community service usually aint shit.

Ive never got busted for drugs but I can tell you that the above shit helps out alot when you're young and in court. Contrary to popular belief judges don't want to ruin some dumb kids life for some petty shit because prison just makes criminals.

In the future be smarter and do your dumb stuff in private. You dont have many strikes in life but youve basically just used one because the next time you get caught for something it will look bad for your history. Just be calm and dont worry too much, I seriously doubt you will get jail time even in some of the most backward ass states. You were smart not to give the police any grief because any kind of resistance when you know youre good and caught looks real bad in court.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Yeah man I got caught with only a gram, so I didn't get an intent to sell charge. Like the thing is the cops seemed to give me the least amount of charges possible, I guess they were more relieved I wasn't breaking into the business they kept getting calls about, one of them even told me to just do it in my driveway as he spat his dip out. But anyway they took a gram of weed, a pipe, and grinder as evidence. Court wise I'm pretty much fucked, I still have to go over details with my lawyer. I'm definitely going to wear my nice outfit to court, and bite the bullet and tell my parents what happened. I'm in my lower 20's so really I don't have to but they have so many connections that it seems like the most logical choice. I'm sure I'm getting kicked out though, which is fucked because I'm like a few months from getting my degree. I really fucked my life up, but it's like damn I don't hurt people or steal, I just like to get high. Regardless the law is the law. I'm hoping I just get probation or something, fine will be tough since I'm broke.

4. I feel for you dude, I am in the same boat. I don't have a clue what they are going to do to me since driving while stoned is a relatively new thing in this state.

I'm going to have to go to all these drug classes and quit for a good long while until I'm in the clear.

5. They won't kick you out because of this. After paying for your education they won't throw it away over something this small. Even if you have a history of lying to your parents and being disrespectful of their rules they won't kick you out this close to their goal.