Got Bored, Started Thing About New Ideas....

Discussion in 'General' started by azcactus, Jun 30, 2014.

1. So I got bored yesterday and called Wal-Greens to see if they sold those little silica gel packets. Well, they don't sell them, but said they do randomly collect them from large bottles of pills. I asked if I could have about 15 and they said sure, come in tomorrow. I went in today and they had them in a zip-lock bag with my name on it. Said if I needed more to let them know.

I am using them in the jars of cannabis I am curing, White Widow and DinaChem. Makes sense to me to put a moisture absorbing packet in a mason jar with weed, to stabilize the humidity and help prevent mold. I do burp my jars daily, but the idea hit me to use silica gel packets. Pretty cool huh? And free. Thanks Wal-Greens for doing your part in supporting cannabis.

You want to know what I REALLY love? Knowing what I am growing and how it was brought forth from the seed. Smoking cannabis may not be addictive, but growing cannabis is an addiction in and of itself.

Attached Files:

2. God damn man, at least hack the fucking rootball off. its raining crud all over your buds..

3. #3 azcactus, Jun 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2014
    That's an old pic from a few of days ago. It's 2 plants. I took them down, hung them in a different place with a fan on them and now have all the stems cut into 6'-10" pieces resting quietly in brown grocery bags with 2"-3" strips of other brown bags resting on them in layers. It's an old drying out trick I learned from a grower on this site. The paper strips pull the moisture out. I just rotated the layers earlier today, even threw some of those silica gel packs in the sacks to help with humidity. The DinaChem is jarred already, done moved some of it to other people's houses, and it got rave reviews. The white widow is looking and smelling like dank ass bud.

4. I could be wrong but I thought that was bad becase of the rate at which it saps the moisture out.

could be wrong though, just something to look into. I wouldn't put my whole stash in, give it a smaller test run first